question for the vortex owners

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you guys are the only ones that I have found that(except suppliers of other TM, they all bad mouth the other machines) have anything negative to say about the genesis 59

what do you know that the others don't or are you just scared of it because it doesn't cost a small fortune

G

It farts out water out of the blower when its half full. Measure how much water you dump sometime when it turns itself off.

That tank isn't soo big.
The one at Connections after William cleaned out the filters still wasn't sucking THAT great. That point of the suck with 2 hoses wasn't a strong selling point. It could do it...but maginal at best.

Chad

I would NEVER make this choice without a ride alone of both. Why not come do a ride along with Mike for 2 days ? Fly out on a thur night and work Fri & Sat with him. Best money you can ever spend.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Does the Gen come with a 400 foot stainless automatic hose reel? 2 Live Stainless solution reels? 240 gallon stainless fresh tank? 7000 HAT blower? 135 gallon stainless dunp tank that drains from the bottom perfectly everytime? True dual wand ability? ( meaning when the other guy lifts the wand off the carpet the guy still cleaning doesn't even notice a diference) Does it come in a truck made to run over 500,000 miles with little problems? NO

I like the Gen 59. Its a good machine. I do have a problem when I see guys here say the Gen is just the same bang for less buck. People will never know what its like to have a Vortex until they have used one in the real world for a week. They will be converted!

The Gen is cheaper. But if you put all the stainless equipment in a UD truck and added a much bigger blower I don't think the cost would be much diff.

I paid $73 something for mine in Feb of 2006. If you added all the stainless equipment and the UD truck up the price was not an issue.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the fact is if you spent that much money on something, you are not going to say other things are close, even if they are. I do feel there is a place for a vortex type machine and its most likely how mikee uses his, he doesn't want the hassle of training guys to work seperatly on different vans, he wants to be in control of the finished product yet do as much work as possible, so dual wanding is what makes sense to him. its all a trade off, I personally feel one would be better off getting 2 smaller machines and 2 seperate vans, so 1) you are not out of work if one breaks, and 2) I think a substantial amount more work could be done. but its still a business decision, do you want to rely on others for quaility control, or do you want complete control.

as a side note I still believe an Aerotech is superior to what vortex is putting out now and cheaper

G

Most people don't realize and never will, a Vortex and Aero Tech will make you more efficient. I have done 206,000 so far this year. My Aero Tech cost me 74,000.00. I work alone and average about 40 hours per week. I would much rather have a machine that can produce more work in less time and pay more for it than have a cheaper machine that makes me less money.

Open your minds a little people. Ride with someone that has one of these machines and you will quickly see the value in a Vortex or Aero Tech.

Dave

G

To Steve F or anyone, if you outfit a Genesis the same way a V or AT is, then the cost isn't a whole lot less. You have to factor in hose reels, size of tanks, the box truck, etc.....

Sure you can stick a Gen. in a box truck for a lot less. But to compare the 2 they need to be equal.....

G

Its a dead issue.. but I have to agree with Steve..
and disagree with my buddy Dave.

If you aren't dual wanding.. No way its more efficient.

I dont care about heat.. that makes you NO more efficient.
You cant drive the UD faster to the job.
Hose reels are hose reels.. tanks are tanks.. when it comes to efficiency in the set up and tear down.
Pulling hoses and taking them to the farthest point on the job.. is the same..be it a Boxer.. Vortex, Butler, etc.

Wanding, running an RX.. is equal time.
I dont go for this well the heat makes me faster.

Will higher heat give you a little quicker dry time. I would have to say YES.... but with glides nowadays... thats a nil' point.

Does having a V or AT make the homeowner write the check quicker? not at all.

Do you back out of the driveway any quicker.. or get to the bank to deposit the check just earned any quicker? NOt at all.

Wheres the efficiency? There is NONE.

Sure.. its a much bigger rolling billboard.
But if your schedule is full.. what good are the extra calls.. They just have to get in line.

Is the maintenance much more? You bet it is. Compare a tune up or brakejob on one of the bigger trucks..

Will it last twice as long? Sure.. but its twice as high... so again.. moot point.

I am a hugh fan of the V.. and the AT.. but also first of all a MAN.. and I admit reality.
Second of all.. I know whats overkill for about 99% of the biz plans in this country.
I'm all for having a little more than needed..

But mainly.. its ego.. (for single wanding companies).. and the fact that somebody is proud of their payments... and thus justifies that they have the best..

I could go on and on..

A TM is like a penis..... .. it really is... its not the size that matters.. its how you work that mother and your experience that get results.. both in the bedroom.. or with your TM on the jobsite.

Its amazing how sex and lifes ' reality go hand in hand. lol

sorry about the bad analogy. I actually think its funny and pretty good. No offense to anyone.

All aforementioned machines are great.
I say this..

Anyone from Mike to Dave.. work with me for one day.. and you'll totally change the way you clean carpets.. from method.. to scratching your head.. to thinking..

"Gee,, why do I spend all this money per month"..

If you are a good cleaner.. you're no better with a V vs. a Butler.. etc.
(single wanding.. I totally understand V owners maximizing efficiency)

Good cleaners are just that.. good cleaners.. and they will get the job done right with a porty and a rotary. A little slower.. sure. But they'll get the results.

And the bottom line.. Tms DON"T clean.. they rinse.. and rinsing ain't cleaning.
Quit believing all the industry hype.. its all about sales. I sound like Jimmy Ladfag now.

Sales Sales Sales.. Advertising income.. etc.

Connect the dots.. and you'll see the entire picture.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
[quote
its not the size that matters.. its how you work that mother and your experience that get results..
[/quote]

Only people with small penis' say that.lol

lance

It's not a rinsing machine....it's a washing the carpet machine. You can clean carpet with a small extractor and scrub brush, and I did and it looked great but took a lot of effort, or you can get a TM. If you're going to get serious and do the best job possible with the least amount of time and effort you better buy the highest quality machine you can get your hands on.

If you have to run the hose 300 feet out with lots of vac and lots of heat and lots of flow what machine is going to kick ass???? The one that is DESIGNED right just for this kind of job. I'd want a 6008 with 17" of lift and 650 cfm, water temp. @240 ATW flowing at least 010 and 500 psi. I want to be able to power wash this pre-agitated carpet and make it dry in 2 hrs. I want to cash big checks and be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

I WANT IT ALL!!!!!!!!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Perfect for those who do all commercial and dual wand everytime out.
But residential is mainly 75 -100 feet of hose.
And have only one man run one wand is a huge(<<< I spelt it rite) waste of money.

All that suck to clean a half inch of fiber?

Mikey P

Administrator
One wand is a waste for a Vortex.

But If I could avverage what I do now all by myself it would be worth it.

All that room is just too sweet.

I would have a serious problem using any other set up now.

I dont know how guys back the V up by themselves some times though. Blind spots galore...

G

Steve,

Andy Lawrence rides with me occasionally. He has a hydramaster direct drive and he can't believe how fast my machine cuts through the dirt. It cleans much faster than his. It's easy for you to see the negative when you don't compare side by side. Your loss Steve. I'm only trying to help but you can't talk to a wall.

Mike,

If you have problems backing up you need to take driving lessons. I think my truck is easier to park than my vans were. This truck is way worth it for single wanding. Great for duel wanding too.

Dave

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Curt Johnson said:
To Steve F or anyone, if you outfit a Genesis the same way a V or AT is, then the cost isn't a whole lot less. You have to factor in hose reels, size of tanks, the box truck, etc.....

Sure you can stick a Gen. in a box truck for a lot less. But to compare the 2 they need to be equal.....

Wasn't it you who had a bad experience when you went to sell your petersen unit?? seems like someone did some bad mouthing, I think you should really consider telling your story to everyone so it doesn't happen to them too. otherwise others could loose thousands too

G

Steve, you're probably right! That may be a story for another day. Notice I also say "AT" along with "V" now? :twisted:

All I was saying was compare apples and apples. If someone doesn't want all the bells and whistles of the big trucks they probably can get into a Genesis for a lot less. BUT, they won't have the same machine.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Curt Johnson said:
Steve, you're probably right! That may be a story for another day.

I sure wish you would tell your story, There are some board myths and legends, people and things that are over hyped, oh well i will leave it at that.

Mikey P

Administrator
Dave,

How many dank, dark Redwood Forrest's are you scooting around in out there?

I have roads out here skinnier then my box. Real fun to back up on.

G

Mike,

You were talking about blind spots not skinny roads. Parking in Chicago can be real tight and we do have some homes that have long driveways with low trees on both sides but no skinny roads that I know of.

Dave

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
have you put wide angle 3" round spot mirrors on them, vEEgs?

They just peel and stick right on.

I couldn't live without them.
Eliminates blind spots when changing lanes, too

..L.T.A.

G

Mikey, LMAO. I remember riding my motorcycle up in your neck of the woods. It seemed like cars had no choice but to cross the double yellow around the curves. :shock:

G

I've been cleaning everyday since march in a Vortex. I like it better than my steamway. faster with auto - hose reels etc. and no payment. best of both worlds.

Jeff

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Dave Rampage said:
Mike,

You were talking about blind spots not skinny roads. Parking in Chicago can be real tight and we do have some homes that have long driveways with low trees on both sides but no skinny roads that I know of.

Dave

yes i'm sure blind spots are an issue,
i get a good laugh when guys talk about how BIG V or AT is isn’t any longer than a Chevy cargo van and only 9 inches higher the UD and box make more efficient use of space

Turning radius on a V/AT is 20.7 ft

Chevy 1500 van 43.4 ft
Chevy extended van 49.2 ft.

http://vortexinfo.com/inside.php?section=5&sub=206

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The UD is not that hard to drive......

First of all you have NO problems moving the damn thing in traffic... because everyone leaves your ass sitting alone and you pretty much have the entire road all to yourself..

Fuel wise it is the same as my CDS.. We watch every drop and it is almost the exact same

Backing up is not all that hard.. Go down to a local truck stop and get the good mirrors. and take the cheep POS one off. They are not that spendy and worth the trip. You can also mount a 6 inch spot mirror on the top of the brace and see everything..... I can put that truck just about every where I put my van

You have to make sure that you wear your seat belt at all times.... The thing is like driving a tank and will bounce you to the passenger side if you are not straped down.. Everyone made a big deal about the CD player but you cant use it.. if you hit a pebble in the road it skips 5 damn songs..

They need better speakers Nice system but they put transistor raido speakers in it.. And what's with the horn ?? Here you have this nice impresive truck going down the road with a VW horn I can fart lowder than that thing......

Personall I love the UD and think it is a great work truck and will out last any PTO machine out there.... it does take some getting use to though..

Adam and Dave Rampage are correct about the Vortex...............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom