quick returning traffic lane problem..

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
A member of my BNI group has asked me to look at her basement carpets. All I know is they are beige or some other off white color.. great. I don't know construction or type yet.

As says they look great after cleaning but within a week the lane comes back quickly and "it's really gross".

Should I consider a soap free product like masterblend or an acid rinse like All fiber rinse assuming it may be a concentration of residue remaining on the carpet after previous cleaning?

Any suggestions?
Thanks

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Find out who has been cleaning it and how long it has taken to dry. This will give you some insight into methods and possible products being used. Also ask about carpet history. Has there ever been a flood in the basement or sewage backup? These are good clues to start with. If you have a pH pen or litmus paper, take a pH reading. Also take a small amount of water when you are doing your pH test and wet a small section and rub it and see if suds appear. These are some quick simple tests to help you figure out the problem. Be the detective and figure out whats causing the problem before trying to throw a solution at it.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Thanks for the questions... I'll definitely inquire with her on Monday when I go to inspect.
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom