Quickbooks online with Service Monster

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We have been using Quickbooks for years. I would like to hear from Service Monster users who have successfully converted to Quickbooks online.

How did the conversions go?

How is the download from service monster to Quickbooks going?

Any bugs or quick tips to watch out for with the conversion?

We need to change so we do not have the security issue of a laptop.

We also need multi users with the ability to log on to review data.

Looking for actual users help please.....

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I am not a fan of it. QB Desktop is just such a better product and such a better value.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I suppose that if I had multiple employees that needed to have access to QBs I'd go with the online version, but I can't invision a day when I'd have more than me and a bookkeeper on it. One laptop will do.

However, SM will allow me to manage the sales and production side of things with multiple people accessing it.

Unless I'm missing something.

Reactions: jkowalski

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
Just converted to QB online...... Not a fan!

Ok, I hate it! If they had the same interface as the desktop version, I would be happy. But, I had to completely relearn and reformat my invoices, reports, etc.

I hate, detest, look down upon Quickbooks online. However, because I need my Bookkeeper to have access from her office, I have to use the online version.

There! Now I feel better...

Shawn

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Highly doubt you will like it Tom, your personality is very detailed.

Doesn't bother me but a commercial operation is far simpler than a diverse operation like yours.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Desktop. I loath the day when we are forced to switch to online and they stop making and supporting the desktop version.

One of the big drawbacks for HCP for us as well. You have to use the online version with them.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Desktop. I loath the day when we are forced to switch to online and they stop making and supporting the desktop version.

One of the big drawbacks for HCP for us as well. You have to use the online version with them.

And that day will come sooner than you would like.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
And that day will come sooner than you would like.

I don't think so. Desktop releases are supported for a minimum of 3 years after release, and there is zero sign of phase out.

By the time we are forced to use QB Online it will be as good of a product as Desktop, and anyone who has used both will tell you, that ain't anytime soon.

Might want to check your intake of HCP Kool Aid. They promised me QB Desktop was going to be phased out 18 months ago.

Last edited:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I use Quickbooks Online! I was using it as my only customer database before we added SM. It was easy to pull up customer info and previous service order. If we were still using it for customer tracking, it would actually be easier to access on mobile than SM. Only downfall of SM is crappy mobile web app. We haven't converted it to work with SM yet either. That is on the list.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Desktop here
Thanks for posting this topic Tom-- I was thinking of switching to QB online-- but now I'll wait

As for service Monster- I Love it-- I have an android and have been using the desktop version on my phone as a mobile app.
someday when I feel like learning something new- I'll switch to the mobile app.

Reactions: jkowalski

CPS Dave

Name
David Belliveau
I solely use QB Online and love it. I tried to use Desktop for a different business and it was way too much, too confusing, too much going on for my needs. I converted to online for both businesses and use with my laptop, desktop, 2 phones, and ipad. I also charge credit cards for the cleaning business through all mobile devices. Haven't tried service monster yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom