Quitting a customer,

steamron

Name
Ron
I have done this apartment for this Indian man (with that accent they all sound alike) several times in the past at least 4 years in a row, he always complains about my fair price.
Living room, 2 Br, and stairs / hall. $149.

The last time I did it he really gave it to me, saying that there was only one person cleaning it so why should I pay for 2 people like before. So I said f this I took his money and said never again.

That was 2 years ago. Yesterday he called and towards the end of the call I remembered who it was, I booked the job before I remembered.

Guess who is getting a call today?

I want to tell him to find someone else, my wife said to tell him I am having machine problems.

What you think?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I want to tell him to find someone else, my wife said to tell him I am having machine problems.
What you think?

No reason to make up stories
Tell Mr Singh Pattel the cold hard truth

that you're not starving anymore and you don't like dealing with cheap fcks that try to squeeze you to unsustainable margins and still pi55 'n moan over price.

..L.T.A.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Go to the job. Then tell him before you start what the price is (Make sure that you have doubled it from the previous time and that you will need to be paid at the beginning of the job)

Name
Jeff T
I have done this apartment for this Indian man (with that accent they all sound alike) several times in the past at least 4 years in a row, he always complains about my fair price.

The last time I did it he really gave it to me, saying that there was only one person cleaning it so why should I pay for 2 people like before. So I said f this I took his money and said never again.

That was 2 years ago. Yesterday he called and towards the end of the call I remembered who it was, I booked the job before I remembered.

What you think?
When someone complains about the price, I say there are less expensive options, they even have coupons.... I will even provide them with the phone #.....then I say, ‘have a nice day’, don’t wait for their response, turn and walk away.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just suck it up and do the job and collect the cheque. Some cultures, bargaining is in their nature. He obviously likes your service so just smile, say sorry the price is firm but you can recommend someone else, not as good as you but cheaper. He will still call you next year. I have an old Italian couple who do the same every year. They have been my customer for over 20 years.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Don’t lie. Give him the price and if he haggles (as he will) offer him a “bottle of professional spotter” and mix up a quart of Releasit or Procyon.

Beyond that face saving concession, do not budge; smile, watch tonality, be firm.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Who cares what he think? Just clean and take money. Calling you back is a good thing.

Only fire him if he disrespects you or threatens or acts irresponsible. ..

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OR....he's in a bind and can't find anyone cheaper right now

I was thinking this was an apt owner/manager.
But this is essentially a $149 res job every couple years??

phtttt
even easier to fire

..L.T.A.

All you guys will enjoy pulling the radioactive grubs outta yor yards when times get tuff...

Reactions: icleancarpetz

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
All you guys will enjoy pulling the radioactive grubs oitta yor yards when times get tuff...

I'll just steal your Vienna sausages

upload_2018-5-31_16-10-20.jpeg

.L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
There's a culture aspect to this

Americans are used to tipping a percentage for good service it's part of your culture

Most of the world doesn't tip not because they're tight but the price is the price

Indians always haggle it's not necessarily because they are tight but the price is always negotiable in their culture

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Haha, you are still not going to break a cultural tradition where it is bad luck not to haggle, if I hear an accent on the phone my price goes up 10% I can then drop that and they aren't cursed for the next month and I've got my price :smile:

sometimes theyr'e just cheap lol

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
pee ess....

it's not necessarily because they are tight

don't sugar coat it with "not necessarily"
they're tighter than a frog's azz..period

They make Ofer's kinfolk blush.....
actually, I never had a problem with Ofer's kinfolk
(it's his cousins from Abraham's "other son" Ishmael that are as bad as the dOt hEDs )

..L.T.A.

Reactions: hogjowl

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
If you really don’t want to work for them just call and remind them that they have not in the past been happy with your service at the price you charge. So you may not be the right cleaner to fill their needs. Perhaps they would prefer to call a cleaner that offers a cheap service.

After all, each cleaner charges what they are worth and they have many choices from low end to the best quality clean. There are reasons some cleaners have a cheap price, and others charge twice as much. Usually the cheap cleaner makes more prophet than the more expensive cleaner.

Or just go to clean and let him know the price, and if he doesn’t want to pay the price just pleasantly say that you understand. Then be on your way. No hard feelings. :)

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Tell him your income taxes, health insurance, biz. insurance, gas prices, chemical prices, phone service and machine and truckmount payment are non negotiable and nether are your prices. We don't do it that way in this country.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

What you think?

It your decision!

Before I called it quits I would ask a few questions?

Sir do you appreciate our service?

And do you want me to work hard for you?

Then I would make a statement!

I do the absolute best job possible compared to the competition at a reasonable rate, if you feel your being cheated or shorted I would encourage you to find someone who will suit your needs better!

If you appreciate what I do then I appreciate hearing that too!

Back
Top Bottom