R U Lead Renovation Certified?

minuteman

Got certified for Lead Renovation the other day due to the fact that if u due restoration work of any kind and break the surface of a wall in a home or building from 1978 & back the EPA says U have to be certified, this went into effect last month. Up to $37,500.00 in fines if U get caught without it. If u work with insurance co. or HUD its a must have.

Greg

minuteman

Nice web site, how long ago did U get certified? I found it to be same as mold mitigation, Asbestosis mitigation less a couple of steps.

I should have posted this in my original post; Every Home or Building contractor in the country has to get certified now... Handyman, Painters, Plumbers, Remolders & Restoration just to name a few.

California contractors have it the worst, if there is lead paint found on a job we have to call for a special debris pic-up. The other 47 lower can just toss it, R's goes to a land fill in
Arizona.

The EPA is going to make millions on this one.

Greg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yes. 3 of us in the family are and our company is a certified firm. Does that make us qualified? I don't want to even take on the paper work so we are avoiding this and contacting contractors to do the demo and reconstruct. It is actually $37500 PER EVENT and ALSO per day.

We are doing a lot of dry downs without tearing so we are pretty safe right now.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
minuteman said:
this went into effect last month.

Greg

"last month"?

it went into effect last April.
was there a new reg change?

yes, I'm certified .
got my cert March of last year

it's a bunch of horsesh1t anyway.
nothing more than a way to collect more revenue without calling it a "tax"

..L.T.A.

minuteman

That's great me AT, & Yes the EPA postponed & (no revisions were added or changed other than the comply date) the deadline of April 2010 to get our Country's contractors informed...

Greg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Do you guys remove baseboards ?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Even to score the paint on a baseboard to remove it as I understand it you still need to be RRP certified.

John Buxton

A GC I use is certified so I just use him if I think it's gonna be a problem. How are they gonna police it?

minuteman

Buck in that case the billing would have to go through his co. to keep it legit.

Most likely through city building inspectors & insurance adjusters, both ask for your certification now.

Greg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hoody said:
Even to score the paint on a baseboard to remove it as I understand it you still need to be RRP certified.

if it adds up to 6 sf or more.
2 sf for any HUD subsidized property

(going by memory, I didn't look at my manual)

...L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I actually have a lead certified contractor friend on payroll now and he can take over any demo if needed. You can pull base if needed up to a certain linear feet. Sorry can't remember how many LF that is off the top of my head. Just got home and don't feel like going into the office for the standards book.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom