radiator overflow

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My radiator over flow tank over flowed today. I replaced the original small tank because it would over flow on ocassion with a 64 oz tank. I have a 24 oz tank attached to that just in case it ever over flowed. Today it did. Almost 24oz . I replaced the radiator cap, which I assume is bad. Tomorrow I will find out if that was the problem. It didn't run hot so I am confident that was it.

While I was fooling with it I noticed something odd. You could see 2" of daylight right through the connection between the blower and silencer. I have been seeing little hard rubber pieces but I thought that they were from the belts that I just replaced. I guess if I have to pull the blower to replace the flex hose I might as well put on the new blower. I'm glad I have the room to use an engine hoist. It should be an easy job. The new blower is grease-less. One less thing.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
some guy over on ICS was sorta having the same problem with the over flow........Normally when there is a over flow problem there is a thermostat or cap issue......I guess Dave Rampage told him to tighten up a few clamps here and there and from what he said it worked.....Personally I don't think the man is out of the wood yet but time will tell....I know mine had a few lose clamps and it never over flowed all it did was leak a little and took coolant out of the reservoir..it did not cause it to over flow.......Take a scratch awl and mark where the old blower is sitting so you can be sure the new one goes right back where the old one was

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
good idea about marking the spot. I would of just pulled it.

I think one reason this little engine overflowed in the beginning was because the extra water it holds wasn't taken into account. I solved that problems years ago with the larger over flow. I was very surprised today when my over flows, over flow was completely full. I'll find out tomorrow on the first job if it was the cap.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom