ran into a couple of Steemers the other day..........

C

Carpet Dude

nice job they do.......

one day training....
blast the carpet at about 600 psi....
two guys on the truck...
the dirtier the carpet, the more blasting with the psi....
20-30 minutes in a house......

I let them know how amazed and impressed I was....I could have huged them.....

G

There are a lot of people I'd like to "huge" too but I haven't yet had the balls to actually do it.

C

Carpet Dude

and......and the no #1 complaint from home owners I serviced after the steemers...."The carpets were damp for 2-3 days."

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
ChemDry wouldn't have made a dime if it weren't for cleaners like that. Most people call them, get soaked, blame it on HWE and call ChemDry thinking it was the method not the cleaner.

I hate that!!!

C

Carpet Dude

i yi yi yi yi.....STANLEY STEEMER!!!!!!!

(put the no name smokes down Mikey.....)

C

C. Copplepot

I use to work at SS for a few years and i think they have a money making "system" in place. Their growth proves it.

Sure you get the bonehead tech, its the nature of the beast when your that large. Their new training is top notch, along the same line as the IICRC. So future techs will not make the mistakes like they made in the past.
One of the main problem is the managers there, some really dont care what is really going on and that is what makes them look bad. The franchises are a little different because the manager/owner has something invested there unlike the corporate puppet.

There are people who work there that do just as good of job as you do, that the sorry truth. Yes SS does get it right most of the time.

If you really knew the SS "system" i am sure you would see the great potential it offers and might get you thinking on how you do things. Sorry to say i think some of you go for the overkill when cleaning, but thats another topic.

They are still family owned and not just some faceless machine like so many of you think.
I dont judge SS by the few hacks that work there i judge them by how they operate and like i said they are the biggest and fastest growing for a reason.

I think alot of people hate SS because they know NOTHING about them. The only thing people hear, is from loser techs and some upset customers that all companies get.

As far as their marketing i think its the best i have ever seen. Their commercials offer trust. That is what alot of housewife's want, someone they can trust, SS presents that image people can trust.

-JB-

Name
JB
Like it or not, Stanley Steamer is who we are all more likely to be compared to that any other company, for better or worse, yes they have problems, maybe on a grander scale, but the problems are reflective of the sheer volume of work done, and I will be the first one to say I have problems arise too, and you all do to.
If you think they really do a shitty job, that's fine, but looking at this board it's pretty easy to see not to many of us agree on much of anything, other than we seem to be very passionate about what we do for a living, and God bless us for it.
I also have to say that I was at thee IICRC area rug cleaning class @ Pembertons last April and on the third day of class after lunch I happened to walk into the lunch room and found one of the corporate Stanley Steamer managers, thanking the otherwise unnoticed young lady that had been preparing lunches, filling coffee & cleaning up after us all week. I know he didn't do it for any other reason than he was a good person, and cared enough to recognize an others hard work, so if that's who we get an others too I guess that's okay.

Back
Top Bottom