Supportive Member
Name
This rug shows up to be washed....

It used to be a nice rug.

DSC_3473.JPG

And then you look closer...

DSC_3475.JPG

DSC_3474.JPG

Would you wash this in the pit? I declined. I said, I don't want this seaming tape mess to come undone in the water.

DSC_3476.JPG

I will dust it and do a surface clean only.... Which they agreed to.

Do you, mighty ruggies wash seaming taped nonsense like this?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Me being a novice at this but I would think it would be fine to pit wash. The paper backing isn't the structural support of the seaming tape, it's just there to keep everything neat and tidy, the structure is in the glue and the fibers running through the glue.

Name
Nate W.
I'd surface it also.. If it has urine I'd pit wash it.. Explain what could happen with the limitations of the rug and let them decide.. Been there, done that and even fixed it on our dime to correct it..

It's like those urine filled tufted that you regret even taking on the job.. Cheaper to buy new..

Reactions: Mikey P

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
This one is -what would qualify as - an antique. The pile worn down to basically nonexistent levels...multiple places along the edges are ripped and coming apart.

It wasn't urine loaded so I figured, instead of refusing it I can just dust it and give it a quick surface clean.

$3.50/foot.

The seam/repair area is blooming open on the top. I wouldn't spend money on this rug but they wanted to keep it in the family longer.

Name
Nate W.
With that said, I'd probably use a hand tool to keep the moisture down and seam from fraying more..

We had to seam one rug that came out of Saddam's palaces.. Contractor cut it in half to get it out.. Was a machine made wool not worth the seam tape used to piece it back..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom