Rate for emergency extractions

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
What is the going rate to charge a restoration company who wants to use your truckmount for water extractions. No dri outs just extract water since they don’t have truckmounts they use portables.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not sure if there is a norm. How much is an hour of machine time? Your hourly time? What time of day? After hours, weekend?

I like Ron's $150.00 an hour. I like that he charges more for first hour and then a lower rate every hour after.

I'd also want a minimum charge to be called out.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
What is the going rate to charge a restoration company who wants to use your truckmount for water extractions. No dri outs just extract water since they don’t have truckmounts they use portables.

So are you even on site or are you trusting them to use your equipment?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Because what I’m reading is, they want to use your Truckmount.

Not your company to do the initial suck and blow!

steve_64

I'm $300 for during hours emergency to start. $500 after hours, about 5 pm. That's just for the apartments I service but I have used those rates for others.

I'm $200 an hour after the initial hour or so.

And this is just for extraction. Leaving fans and dehumidifier is extra unless it's just a small area which happens a lot.

Reactions: SamIam

steve_64

I did this stuff a lot cheaper way back when but found these prices to be enough not to bug me unless I'm really needed.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would bill an after-hours service call, We had a rate for 5 PM - 10 PM and a higher charge for 10 PM - 6 AM, weekends and holidays.

Regular fee for the work being done plus the emergency service call on top.

steve_64

How often to you get called out Steve?
5 or 6 times a year.lol

I used to get called a lot on jobs I wasn't needed and was a waste of time so I raised prices to eliminate that.

I've billed a couple around a couple Grand when it was a whole apartment and leaked into others but that's rare. I'm not a restoration guy.
I do a few residential a year too at that price point. I just stay so busy with cleaning if someone wants me suck water on the last minute they are going to pay.
I do apply sporicidin on most jobs too.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm sure it's the price or you'd get plenty more calls. We do 3-5 a week barring storms where we can do as few as 10 a week or 10 a day.

After hours calls 1-2 a week if you include the weekend. Some weeks nothing, others we get hammered.

Reactions: steve_64

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I would bill an after-hours service call, We had a rate for 5 PM - 10 PM and a higher charge for 10 PM - 6 AM, weekends and holidays.

Regular fee for the work being done plus the emergency service call on top.
The additional cost really boils down to PITA factor. Eqquipment etc. costs are the same.
Personell needing to go in, go out , and at irregular times , I have always thought is what need to be accounted for .

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The additional cost really boils down to PITA factor. Eqquipment etc. costs are the same.
Personell needing to go in, go out , and at irregular times , I have always thought is what need to be accounted for .

Our team was paid extra for being on call, going out after hours, and often meant over time for one or more of our employees. So, labor costs did go up. For me or employees, they should get paid more for working extra or inconvenient hours.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
MEG??????

Believe it or not, Bob, I don't read through every thread. If you want me to see it you have to tag me, @PrimaDonna

And my answer is double whatever is the highest posted so far!

Seriously, tho, we haven't had to sub out like this for emergency work. I'd charge what we charge our clients plus a bit more for doing the other cleaner a favor. Flat emergency service call of $250 for during hours, and more depending on what time after hours. Bill by the hour after that for straight extraction. We aim for $250 per hour so at least that.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Believe it or not, Bob, I don't read through every thread. If you want me to see it you have to tag me, @PrimaDonna

And my answer is double whatever is the highest posted so far!

Seriously, tho, we haven't had to sub out like this for emergency work. I'd charge what we charge our clients plus a bit more for doing the other cleaner a favor. Flat emergency service call of $250 for during hours, and more depending on what time after hours. Bill by the hour after that for straight extraction. We aim for $250 per hour so at least that.
One of the things you have to worry about doing extraction only for some one whether an individual or cleaning/restoration company, is if they screw up the rest of the job and get sued, you will probably be sued as well. Charge enough to make it worth your while.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
One of the things you have to worry about doing extraction only for some one whether an individual or cleaning/restoration company, is if they screw up the rest of the job and get sued, you will probably be sued as well. Charge enough to make it worth your while.

In all honesty, this really isn't something we'd do.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Our team was paid extra for being on call, going out after hours, and often meant over time for one or more of our employees. So, labor costs did go up. For me or employees, they should get paid more for working extra or inconvenient hours.
Yes, that is what I was trying to conbey.
Most of the additional cost of emergency work is due to the inconvenience, and being able to pay someone to do it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We provide a 24 hour, 7-days a week, 365-days a year, service ready to respond within an hour’s notice. Providing this unique type of service does require us to charge a rate commensurate with prompt reliable service.

Hiring, training and motivating our employee’s has always been the best way of delivering superior service; retaining them starts with good pay and benefits. We are careful whom we choose to employ; hiring those that we ourselves would feel comfortable with in our own home or business. While it’s true we could pay less and hire less qualified workers, we just wouldn’t feel comfortable sending them to your job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom