Rebuild

tres davis

Name
tres
Who does rebuild? Why not if you don't? How many mold jobs do you lose because they want someone that can do it turnkey? Same question for fire

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No rebuilds ever.

We just clean after fires. Dry after water. Remediate mold.

"Why not?" Its not what we do. We don't know construction (other then light demo) and are not general contractors.

I'm sure some. We don't keep track of what we loose, its all part of this business.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well then you were doing just what the insurance companies wanted you to do.

Seriously if you work cheap and are not allowed to make a reasonable profit then you are destined down that road. That is exactly what working with these preferred vendor programs is all about. They "Prefer" you not make a profit. They just want to control you but make you liable for the results.

That kind of work is bad news. You were smart to get out of it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Most of our insurance companies here now bid out the rebuild separate from the emergency service. I used to work for a general contractor and if he got the rebuild, I would get 10% of the job. It was fun while it lasted, he finally bought his own extraction and drying equipment. Some of the big guys here do it in house but it seems that most sub contract.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I went to an estimating conference in Reno 10 years ago. The heavy hitters and all us small mitigation companies were in attendance . They were pretty cocky as they should be. Most were 5 to 10 times our revenues.

The instructor began by saying size is not where the money was at and beyond 2 million it began a point of diminishing returns. Once you reach 10 million your risk vs reward is out of wack.

He recommended all those construction companies that were not handling mitigation in house to do so. He told them the easy money is in mitigation and if your were not into construction already, to stay out.

Lunch was awkward, the snooty guys became instant friends. They were asking qustions a mile a minute. LOL

Now that a long time ago, I believe most full service companies handle their own mitigation in house.

Last edited by a moderator:

hogjowl

Idiot™
IMG_1416.JPG Island Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom