Rebuilding my pos porty

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have an EDIC galaxy 300 psi model that I sort of inherited from a restoration co we work for. The pump is about shot, and I'm thinking of replacing the vac motors as well. I'm also thinking of rewiring the lead from the heater to power either the vac motors or the pump. Any thoughts (Willy) on how much redneck engineering it takes to do this? Will pretty much any pump/vacs off ebay work? I'd like to get as much power outta the thing as I can without heat...

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
If you really wana beef it up and plan to get rid of the heater you could put 3 stage vacs in instead.you could also cut out the inch and a half port and put in a 2 inch.I used to have an edic . I didnt like it because all the parts are right on top of each other and its kinda of a pain in the ass to work on

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah I should say im not really looking for an everyday workhorse either. Just something that gives decent performance the dozen or so times we use it per year. Are the three stagers much bigger or just taller?

Bob Foster

Chris Adkins said:
I have an EDIC galaxy 300 psi model that I sort of inherited from a restoration co we work for. The pump is about shot, and I'm thinking of replacing the vac motors as well. I'm also thinking of rewiring the lead from the heater to power either the vac motors or the pump. Any thoughts (Willy) on how much redneck engineering it takes to do this? Will pretty much any pump/vacs off ebay work? I'd like to get as much power outta the thing as I can without heat...

RHW.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom