Red Stain removal with Black & Decker Wall Paper Steamer.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Black & Decker Steam Works Wall Paper Steamer....

No rag or towel needed....spray on your favorite Red Remover....turn on the unit....walk away and keep doing some work.

They don't make the unit anymore, but I find them on ebay, or I know Larry Cobb and another place have these new.

I have had a bunch of carpet cleaning friends asking to show them how this works....

Did this video about a month ago, and just getting some time to upload it and couple others today :)

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Mark, I have also been using this machine, (with a bloody heavy transformer 110 - 240 volt), for red stain removal with great success.

I got mine from Aaron Groseclose at MasterBlend quite a few years ago.

He also has a video out on the same problem.

:yoda:

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mikey P

Administrator
You know....

Just one of the things I admire about Mark is his awareness that both fellow cleaners AND HIS LICAL CUSTOMERS can see his videos AND FB posts...

I can't believe the potentially offensive crap I see broadcasted across the Social Networks now a days..

The Rob Anspach School of Idiocy has a lot of graduates it would appear.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
You know....

Just one of the things I admire about Mark is his awareness that both fellow cleaners AND HIS LICAL CUSTOMERS can see his videos AND FB posts...

I can't believe the potentially offensive crap I see broadcasted across the Social Networks now a days..

The Rob Anspach School of Idiocy has a lot of graduates it would appear.
You probably hear this story but I had a lady call me a few months ago wanting me to clean her carpets and she told me she chose me because I have a Zipper tool (Actually I posted a video of using Doug Paynes zipper tool on my you tube channel) and she said that she saw all of Mark's videos on how he cleans with the zipper and that was the only tool that she wanted to be used to clean her carpets. Now I am also in Utah and Mark is up in Iceland or gods country land of 10 million lakes.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I got a new property management company last year. I did red stain removal on just about every job I did for them that year because the guys who were cleaning for them either didn't know how, or just didn't do it the years prior. This year, I only did three or four for the entire season because I had gotten their properties back into shape the prior year.

So, the only difference between me and Mr. Happy is I don't do videos.

And, I'm not on happy meds.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I got a new property management company last year. I did red stain removal on just about every job I did for them that year because the guys who were cleaning for them either didn't know how, or just didn't do it the years prior. This year, I only did three or four for the entire season because I had gotten their properties back into shape the prior year.

So, the only difference between me and Mr. Happy is I don't do videos.

And, I'm not on happy meds.
I'll share :)

benjam99

The set it and forget it approach worked great for me until it didn't.. one cheap low income apartment carpet it took most of the color of the carpet out too. Made a real nice rectangle of color loss. Havent used it that way since..

Reactions: Mikey P

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The set it and forget it approach worked great for me until it didn't.. one cheap low income apartment carpet it took most of the color of the carpet out too. Made a real nice rectangle of color loss. Havent used it that way since..

Beware if using Cobb's red stain remover with the B&D steamer. I have stripped color from carpets using that product, and also with Chemeister's red dye remover. I've never had that happen with VacAway,s Red Vanish, which is my favorite.

Dennis99

Name
Dennis
Waaaaay back in the day . . . a certain franchisor used to treat red stains exactly this way!

I did back in the 90's. I still have the "special" attachment in the garage. :winky:

IMG_20150825_171814273.jpg

Last edited:

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Most the time if your removing dyes it is because the tenant already tried to use something and there is a residue. Ive been buying these on ebay for years. Everytime one comes up cheap I buy it. Not to make anyone jealous, but I have 13 of them bought for $30 or less off ebay through the years. Sorry, none for sale, there will be a day when you can't buy the black and decker version anymore

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not to make anyone jealous, but I have 13 of them bought for $30 or less off ebay through the years. Sorry, none for sale, ..........
Jealous!?

Heavens. We're concerned for you. Quick. Either graduate to 14 or do a quick retreat to 12.
Though that's 6x2.

On second thought, better buy another :winky:

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The BnD version wasn't at Home depot so I bought the one they had... I'll be half way done with a 3 bedroom job by the time the damn thing heats up. It wasn't always successful at removing the red dye when I used Red 1 or Sodium hydrosulfite--- now I'm reminded why I seldom bother with the steamer-- maybe only a 40% success rate.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have never heard of color loss with our Dye Stain Remover (Red Remover) . . .
This happened on four different occasions with two different batches of CobbDye Stain Remover using the B & D steamer. Stripped the original color. Very troubling trying to be a hero and creating a larger problem.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The BnD version wasn't at Home depot so I bought the one they had... I'll be half way done with a 3 bedroom job by the time the damn thing heats up. It wasn't always successful at removing the red dye when I used Red 1 or Sodium hydrosulfite--- now I'm reminded why I seldom bother with the steamer-- maybe only a 40% success rate.

The ones you bought are way too slow and a problem....those like you say will not heat up fast enough....

Take it back...

Larry Cobb even has them new....I would buy one of them vs keeping the one from Home D

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Yeah, but the 12 tribes are 6 x 2

Ahh-- didn't u hear the "tribes screeming" - trying to derail the Iran nuclear deal?

And there were 13 tribes and a good number of Egyptians (either 400 or 4000- can't remember) that were part of the exodus and returned to cannan. The Levi tribe was distributed among all the tribes as the priest. The Joseph tribe was represented by two tribes- Ephraim and Manasseh. Some say they were 1/2 tribes each but they each got a parcel of land.. and interesting when Isreal split up into two sections during their civil wars the two brothers tribes went on opposite sides. There are several "holy or just wars" where jews were killing jews.
Even King David was killing jews.
The Torah was written by 2 opposing groups of jews how each had their own agenda when writing their side of the story in the Torah. At about 400 years before Jesus was born someone combined to two groups of books and made them one Torah we see today. Maybe that's why there are contradictions in the book?
And why there are two types of Jews-- the Zionist who want war and their own country- and the ones who just want peace and to do the right thing. The Zions are behaving like the Nazis and USA Calvary during the Indian wars. There may now be a warrant for my arrest in Isreal because it's illegal to say that- from what I'm told.
Sorry I could resist-- now back to the subject please.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John, Israel is a democracy (unlike say Thailand) , you can say pretty much whatever you want.

Both groups, just like there is a difference between Democrats and Republicans, yet both are patriotic enough, are Zionist. It basically means the wish to live in a majority Jewish state. Mostly due to lessons learned from 2000 years of diaspora living. Less you forget, it hasn't been exactly a walk in the park.

Since I doubt that you've been there and I have no idea where you draw your knowledge from- In general, both groups want to live in a Jewish state. Different borders. Some, still a minority, do not want a Palestinian state in the land Israel currently occupies. Some will consider a dual nationality state. Though judging by current experiences (look at most current conflicts anywhere on this planet), that does not work very well either. Does it?

Some want a more land, some are more willing to compromise. As in any war, conflict times, people tend to go to the right. Yes, there are Jewish fascists, and they are as bad as any other fascists, though considering the length of the conflict and the years of violence, surprisingly less than you'd expect. I can guarantee you that if it happened in the U.S. the country will go a lot further to the right.

Please, since you seem to know, specify what exactly is the "right" thing to do, that you are referring to? And "right" for whom?

As someone who favors an independent Palestinian state, I can assure you that both Israel and the Palestinians can cool it. There's plenty of blame to go around on both sides.

Psalm 83.

Wait for it.

Gees, Marty, I can't wait.
Will there be a lot of gnashing of the teeth?

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Ofer-- That's Why I love San Francisco-- so many people of different religions and nationalities living in Peace.. there are Jewish own businesses that employee Muslims and Palestinians. and Muslim own businesses who employ Jews. and we all party together.:biggrin:

When I travel I tell people I'm from San Francisco or California-- It has a more Peaceful n Loving meaning to me then saying I'm from America.:stir:

A friend of mine-- also named Ofer-- went back home to Israel for about a year in the hopes of staying here-- He liked the club scene--but didn't like the subliminal tension of being in an occupied/stressed area.
Here in SF he would comment in a slight derogatory manner about the difference between American Jews and Israeli Jews.-- I just told him I didn't know what he was talking about.

More on the history of the Torah below:

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2011/04/editing-the-torah-345.html

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_tora1.htm

and the Bible:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1985/who-wrote-the-bible-part-1

also read the book- "Misquoting Jesus"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom