Remove carpet and glue and save the quarry tile?

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
My client has a 300 square ' sunroom that had indoor outdoor carpet glued down over quarry tile. a very nice old home they purchased years ago. They decided to rip up the carpet and save the quarry tile underneath. They started to do it themselves and then called us. We need to remove whats left of the carpet backing, remove the glue from the tile and the grout and do a nice detail finish cleanup to salvage the tile.
I need some input on what would be my steps and what product we would use to remove the glue.

100_4151.jpg

100_4152.jpg

100_4153.jpg

SuperDave212

Name
David
I would try Citrosol....presoak for triple the time it tells you, then agitate with a stiff brush on swing machine or better if you have a turbo spinner...

Bryan Thomson

Supportive Member
Name
Bryan Thomson
Try OMS in sections.....agitate with Nyla grit brush....:extract at 1200 psi with high heat. The grout is most likely gonna need a grout Brightener/acid cleaning with agitation as well.
Depending on how heavy the glue is, you might have to physically scrape by hand in some areas.....Seal the grout after it clean.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Good god what a mess! Scrape the heavy stuff by hand and then scrub with a black pad/175 with the best adhesive remover out there and then turbo rinse?

TanMan

Supportive Member
Name
Tanner
Hello,
There is a product I would use Sentinel 747. I would also rinse this real good after applying this product. This works good in removing the glue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom