Removing an enhancer to lighten travertine

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
I have a real estate lady that throws me a little work asking about trying to lighten up travertine. She thinks an enhancer was used but can't tell me when/what/who. Has anybody ran into this before and found a successful method? I'm thinking about stripping the floor and putting fans on it for as long as the customer will let me. I'm not adverse to grinding and repolishing either (if that is what it would take) to get the result the customer wants. The situation seems like an open check book, at the same time most efficient if somebody had a way would be great.

Screenshot_20210521-093109_Messages.jpg

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
Imo I think its probably fine and they might be super picky. Potentially a future headache. Maybe not though.

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
I have a real estate lady that throws me a little work asking about trying to lighten up travertine. She thinks an enhancer was used but can't tell me when/what/who. Has anybody ran into this before and found a successful method? I'm thinking about stripping the floor and putting fans on it for as long as the customer will let me. I'm not adverse to grinding and repolishing either (if that is what it would take) to get the result the customer wants. The situation seems like an open check book, at the same time most efficient if somebody had a way would be great.

View attachment 108211
There is variation in this stone-so you will have highs and low's. There is also a darkening factor due to uv light and soiling issues. So it is somewhat possible to hone and also clean the stone POSSIBLY making it lighter. Sort of a crap shoot but it will look cleaner ! I would charge (in advance) her to do a mock up so you can gauge the results

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom