Renting Equipment to Others...

I had a restorer call me yesterday wanting to rent equipment. I said sure, but I need to verify some trade references, verify you have insurance and my equipment is covered and I am held harmless, and what training you have so I know you know what you are doing and how to operates my stuff.

Well, I thought that was a simple and standard request. He said he would go elsewhere. Oh well!

Did I ask too much? I don't think so.

G

If it was me, I'D request that YOU autoclave that tES thing to protect me from your bodily fluids that are all over it.

G

Dude...I'm talking about YOUR (Craig's) fluids.

The way you talk about that damn thing I'm sure you've......

well you know!

Turnin' Japanese
I think Craig's turnin' Japanese
I really think so.

:roll:

Raedan

I had a guy do the same. Wanting to rent my pile lifter. There's alot to think about if your going to rent equipment out. I don't think you were asking too much.

brchudson

Your request was not unreasonable. Without that information, if something were to happen to your equipment you would be left holding the bag. If the operator were to misuse the equipment and cause damage, your business liability insurance would NOT protect you if you were renting the equipment to someone else (unless you have specific coverage for that)

Letting that rental pass was a good thing, and next time go get that restoration job yourself.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I am not sure I would rent out the TES without yourself setting it up and doing the monitoring.

But on a second note I have paid for every piece of water damage equipment I ever bought over and over renting units out to cleaners that could not afford to purchase or to dumb to purchase or just needed a lot of equipment for a particular job.

Sure is nice sitting around during Jan & Feb collecting rental checks.
And I always rented for half the going price.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think you did ask too much, I rented some equipment last year to a chem dry franchise, I met the guy talked to him a bit and determined that he was a strait shooter, I then took a copy of his drivers license and a credit card, I used this credit card # to run the amount of his rental

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom