Residue on Marble shower tile.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have that same shower scheduled in the beginning of november. That is why I searched marble showers

G

Soft scrub or grout that wasn't completely cleaned during post construction cleaning. It may be a good thing to recommend to custy a good clear semi gloss enamel heat lamp dried will protect and beautify/make it pop!!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have the ridgid palm and the ridgid 6 inch

A palm sander should work. May get hot and need a rest after some time though. You putting a shine on it?. If yes MPs should work if it's not too bad. Even if you leave a few scratches, it won't be too noticeable in a shower. Bring some wet-dry sandpaper to take out deeper etching if it bothers you (400 , 600 grit).

Albert

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so we have this shower that I am monkey padding what do I charge?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Bob Foster said:
Do you realize what toilet bowl cleaner will do to certain tiles?

Yes I do Bob. But in the other side of my business the works toilet bowl cleaner is used almost daily in tile and stone showers with no problem. We do not and I dont advise letting it have any dwell time as we apply and remove.

The "works" is 20% acid so its very easy to see what can happen if you dont use it fast.

Bob Foster

Good to know because I'm not sure where acids of this type are safe to use and where their not. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
The only problems we have had with this are

it reacts to soap scum (put on a mask & eye protection)

If its put on chrome for more than a few seconds it will streak the finish. (dont use on metal)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom