residue on tile

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm recleaning some tile tomorrow that has a gummy like residue on it. I applied a lot of citrus gel the last time and scrubbed it with a stiff brush then rinsed it. I guess I didn't get it all. Anyone encountered anything like this before? Its all that black stuff. I almost feel like taking a wall scraper to it first before applying any chemistry.

You can see the small area I scraped up pointed out by my keys.
DSC_2007.jpg

DSC_2005.jpg

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Probably mop & glo all over the floor. Really a nightmare and will need t be striped, then cleaned, then sealed. Charge for it as it's not your fault.
Good luck

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yes. Someone had a stone and tile online sem just before I cleaned it the first time. I believe he mentioned applying something to the tile. It was originally sealed after the first cleaning a year ago with a solvent sealant. I cleaned it, they sealed it.

Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
use a Malgirt brush or a Black pad under your 175 with the stripper, should come right off considering how flat the floor is.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought a citrus floor cleaner. Talking with the guys at the supply store and they were concerned about too high an alkaline on the stone. I like to err on the conservative side and I knew the citrus had cut it the last time.
I don't carry a 175 so I got a doodle pad, square black pad, and manually scrubbed it. Took about 10-15min of good scrubbing plus dwell time as I went back and forth to the truck.
Then rinsed it with the hand spinner. Couldn't feel/scrape any residue on the floor after I was done.
Between set up, tear down, going back and forth and actual cleaning, took about an hour.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Ron Werner said:
I bought a citrus floor cleaner. Talking with the guys at the supply store and they were concerned about too high an alkaline on the stone. I like to err on the conservative side and I knew the citrus had cut it the last time.
I don't carry a 175 so I got a doodle pad, square black pad, and manually scrubbed it. Took about 10-15min of good scrubbing plus dwell time as I went back and forth to the truck.
Then rinsed it with the hand spinner. Couldn't feel/scrape any residue on the floor after I was done.
Between set up, tear down, going back and forth and actual cleaning, took about an hour.

You don't have a turbo hybrid or like tool?

Why did you use the hand spinner?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
You have to realize the clown has removed 97 percent of the soil with a dry vac. Even Daniel can remove 3 percent of the left over soil with his POS Prochem.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom