Restaurant Concrete

Trevorschultz

Name
Trevor Schultz
Ive got a brew pub that we started doing janitorial at about 2 weeks ago. They fired the other guy cause he did a crummy job for 5 years...needless to say, the floors are hurting a little bit. It's sealed concrete. However, there's a thick layer of caked down grease on all the traffic lanes. The last guy was asked to re coat the floors so he just laid down a wax over top of the grease layer...I've been running an auto scrubber with a stiff scrub brush over everything for the last two weeks and it is making a difference but nothing mind blowing. I started experimenting on the back hallway by the bathrooms to see what it'll take to get back down to concrete and then lay down a fresh coat of sealer. Management is patient but they want to get the whole place sparkling again so once I figure out the right process I have an 8,000sq ft job in my back pocket. I tried heavy duty degreaser first. I also tried laying down floor stripper for 15 minutes and then scrub with degreaser again. Pictures show the results after that...

Attachments

• IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 245

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think you are on the right track using the floor stripper first. You need to get all that wax off first. Instead of a brush, I thing you need a black stripping pad under a 175 floor machine. Sounds like a 2 man job. One stripping and another with a wet vac or extractor picking up the old wax.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom