Retirement accts or Equipment?

Name
John
Been looking at some SEP retirement accts and have been thinking I can get a way better return on getting more wdr equipment.....I get the tax advantages both ways... Good equipment holds decent value.... Any thoughts on this subject??? Thanks

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If you can can use the equipment and not just buy it to sit on it, the your dividend will be greater with the equipment.

BUT if you just buy the equipment for a write off and not use it to produce cash flow then just get a retirement account.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Of course a small service business is going to produce better return then a fortune 500 company. BUT its also a whole lot riskier too!

Personal question but i like to hedge my bets a little and put a % every year into retirement.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Been looking at some SEP retirement accts and have been thinking I can get a way better return on getting more wdr equipment.....I get the tax advantages both ways... Good equipment holds decent value.... Any thoughts on this subject??? Thanks
ALWAYS fund your SEP to the max. Roth IRA's standard IRA. Equipment depreciates - usually your portfolio wont.
Once you've maxed out THEN buy the equipment you need.
Just my two cents

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom