Rinsing

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have been experimenting with acid rinses vs detergent. Alot of work i do are rentals so I genereally use a strong prespray (enzall, grease eraser) i am doing the common halls of and apartment complex. There are 48 buildings so i figured now would be a great time to experiment.

I Have used matrix all fiber rinse, action extraction (supposed to be a detergent with acid rinse built in) and prochems liquid slurry (detergent). i feel like i am going crazy but i cant seem to see any difference between the acids and the detergent. Sometimes it seems like the acid rinse works better. Anyone have this happen to them? Could it just be because i am using a strong pretreater that all of the work is done by the time i go to rinse? Any thoughts?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Greenie we're not talking about window cleaning here.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
rinses

Stephen,

What type of pre-sprays do you use in your organizations daily operations? Do you one type for all or do you use a couple different kinds for different soiling issues ie; nylon vs. olefin; residential vs. commercial or traffic lanes compared to restaurants grease/gunk to apartments etc..?

I know its hard to find a "Swiss army knife" "one size fits all" but I'm trying to cut down on buying 6-8 different bottles and brands of chemicals and just carry 2 or 3 max really good reliable presprays.

Thanks much.

Greenie

Hey! put your home state in your profile so I can direct you to a good local supplier.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
SRI Cleaning said:
Could it just be because i am using a strong pretreater that all of the work is done by the time i go to rinse? Any thoughts?

yes, pretty much so

you're doing the right thing to test too, Tony.
Keep it up (especially side by side comparisons)
when opportunity allows, check the next day when dry as well.

Couple years of work in rat hole empties, along with comparing pre-sprays, and you'll know more than most 10 year veterans.

...L.T.A.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Thanks guys I appreciate your input, sometimes being new to the business, i tend to doubt my own findings.

Larry,

You are right! I dont regret starting off in the rat holes. it has not only gotten me business when i would have been slow starting out, but i think i have learned quite a bit doing them. I feel that i have seen the worst in only a short time and i know how to deal with it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Yes, most of the cleaning is done by the prespray, not the emulsifier in the rinse. But there are a few situations when the small amount of cleaning done by the emulsifier is still helpful.

For example, if you prespray around furniture and then move that furniture during cleaning. The carpet under the furniture may be more surface dust than tracked in soil. So even without going back and grabbing your prespray you can get it clean with your emulsifier.

Also for those traffic lanes that need a lot of scrubbing. After the first or second pass with the wand, all the prespray is gone and its work is finish. If more soil remains, the emulsifier can help remove it. Otherwise you are just scrubbing with water.

On most jobs I preferred the neutralizing rinse or a product like End Zone that was both an emulsifier and an acid rinse agent.

Scott Warrington

Rex Tyus

Sometimes it seems like the acid rinse works better.

Absolutely. Then sometimes an emulsifier will yield better results. There is no one size fits all. Different soil types require different chemistry. If you let it it will drive you crazy. I say this because I am on the verge of a mental breakdown. End Zone is a good compromise between the two. I actually prefer Judson's rinse for those type situations though (sorry Scott :( ).

As others have said keep up the side by sides and you will soon be able to distinguish when to acid or when to emulsify. If you really want to go bonkers start experimenting with different combinations of preconditioners and different rinses.

TimP

I actually notice better rinsing with acid for light to moderate soil. But if it's heavily soiled acid just don't cut it. Lately like Rex I've been running end-zone and judson rinse. I'm about to try some prolon in the next few months just to give it a try, I may even try some Prochem heat wave. I think I mainly want something to just soften the water. I may eventually go with a softener but I'm too cheap to come off the 700+ bucks to get one not only that I think I'll still run a rinse aid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom