Rotary Extraction shoot out at M9F results.

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
I should have a new TRex up here in Santa Rosa tomorrow....
I have about 16000 sq ft of glue down to run it on and compare it to my modified RX. When I got hit by a car two years ago I broke my right scapula in about 40 pieces when I hit the ground. I can push a wand for several hours but not without pain. So I depend on a rotary tool.

After switching from a Nissan powered high performance TM to an ETM in November 2012, I monitor my jobs even more carefully.

The old Savage 1 is a good performer and in polished stainless steel, looks great. The changes to a separate component, portable, boosted vac and recovery system has been educational and fun in a painful sort of way...
But, I'm still getting rave reviews.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator
I look forward to hearing your honest opinions on the way the carbon tube is joined on both ends. Tell us how long it takes you to bust off the speed adjuster knob as well.

Be sure to get lots of spare jets from Mytee so you can find six that are the same pattern.

Thanks for calling me back Paul. It's been a while and it was great to catch up.:icon_rolleyes:

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Gee Mikey,

It's been so long since I got on this board I didn't see the in box message....part of it might be reading and typing from an iPad....I'll call ya today..

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Apparently I've filed the copyright on that term. Find another! lol :D
-

Of for God's sake. I thought this argument was settled 40 years ago at the dawn of steam cleaning. A rotary prior to ( a 175) or during
( a rotary extractor) will outclean a wand only cleaning on every carpet that has impacted lanes or hundreds of heavy spots. 35 years ago I was a subcontractor working for a company that did the wand only thing with portys. I was called and hired by them because of their receptionist who knew me from another company she worked for. I was told by management to not use my Clarke C15 (rotary with brush) because "we are steam cleaners not shampooers". I ignored them and would clean with the 175/wand combo. I would get no redos, only calls complementing my work, whereas they would have a high (10-20%) redo rate with their mostly company owned wand only crews. They eventually had to concede that 175/wand combo was vastly superior and bought 9 Clarke C15s like I had.
Sadly (to use Cole's favorite term), the onset on super high powered high heat TMs did not remove the need for a rotary machine.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
the 360i is getting away with it to a point because the head is so small and it is so light weight that although it motor drags at start up..it can get away with it more then the others....never the less.....it still is putting unnecessary stress on it........the jets are way to low to the ground and get blocked off by the higher pile carpets....and it lacks stability to keep it up where it needs to be........way to small of a head and it seems like it takes forever to get across a room.....Like yourself..I like the lighter weight of the machine.....I am going to be 50 this year and have a body of a 75 year old............but that does not make it have longevity and clean as good as it should...........it could be better.......

We have the 360i and I and I totally agree with raising the Jets

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Im going to buy a new hoss. I was waiting on the shoot out. Should I trade my 360i in? Or keep it? Its worked good for me for a few years. But its on its third motor now.

Samsung galaxy S IV beta tester

That's interesting. I just sent mine off to Rotovac because there's a clicking in the motor, yet it was still working. Does this sound familiar?

I also had the handle break apart from the frame if you know what I mean and had to get it custom welded.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've had mine welded as well, still on the same motor, had it for a year now.

Wish they had a tool they sold to clean the vac slots better, cleaning it takes way too long when it's deep in there.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I've had mine welded as well, still on the same motor, had it for a year now.

Wish they had a tool they sold to clean the vac slots better, cleaning it takes way too long when it's deep in there.

Mines in being repaired and I'll find out about it tomorrow and let you guys know. But cleaning the vacuum slots at least on my quad head is simple if something happens to get stuck, a long flat head screwdriver is easy enough to put in there & pop something out.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Lol

Ya know they say the average person uses less than 10% of their brain. Pigsnot, I think you're batting below average!
; )

They say thats not true also I use way more then 10%, I just don't know what I use it for.

Storing mundane carpet cleaning facts? blower size, cfm, mine's bigger then yours, and my juice rules!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
So when folks call me half-brained that's a compliment, they mean I'm using 50% of my brain! All these years I thought they were insulting me.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom