Rotovac cfx ranger and 360i (the ultimate Portable discussion)

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Lee, glad to be part of the madhouse since it's inception.

03:50 here, Wednesday, off to the airport shortly for a well earned break with the trouble 'n strife.

:yoda:

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Seller asking $6400 with hose and solution line. Possiby a good buy or should I gain more experience with CFX/Ranger portable set up?

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
Seller asking $6400 with hose and solution line. Possiby a good buy or should I gain more experience with CFX/Ranger portable set up?
ok I may be lost here....my advice to that question....if you can pull the trigger on the cash great but for goodness sakes.....take an experienced truckmount guy who knows his way around Hydramaster equipment...to advise you.....and I was serious look up Deon Bush carpet cleaning academy he can be your go to guy tell him I mentioned him to ya.....if he doesn't remember let him know I was one of the first to read his book the blueprint....in Arkansas....anyway don't forget all the high rises in L,A. you will need the porty. Deon built a 5 truck operation in LA with Portables.......now comes the part where I just put it out there.......heres what you do...if you want to really make it in this business.....you need to keep the porty and send a couple flunkys downtown...you aint got time for that.... PEANUTS MAN....spend at least a 100 grand on the biggest and baddest truck mount on the market.....then call that dude in Montana to build you a website that dang near cleans the carpets for you.....and then get your biz in one of them there coupon books they send out to Beverly Hills...and start cleaning for the stars ...try George Clooney first I heard he was pissed with his last cleaning. as always good luck:biggrin::very_drunk:

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Hmmm

Lets not fight. I think he's looking at it from a $ per hour point of view. But in that case a Cimex will make more productivity every day of the week ending in y than a truckmount.

I'm at a place where the kinds of jobs @Desk Jockey can't make work with HWE are my opportunities to do that. Not literally. But in principle. Let's just take a moment to remember that plenty of the work on a given guy's books is going to include some representation of people who at one time used somebody else, but you offer a better fit.

Just chilax peeps.

It's odd that the porty TM thing is such a biggie. You'd think everybody would be more cohesive about the carpet cleaning business discussion thing.

All these porty guys barking about I can do it better than you because I learnt it harder... So.....?

Matched only by the TM guys who poke fun but offer no help in spite of many recalling a time when they made their start with a porty... Such a BIG Help.

So we have I know better than you but I have questions

And

I have answers but I've moved on and am not saying.

You know. This isn't the best guys. We're not at our best behaving this way. :icon_rolleyes:

It's all good Mate.

I think InterWeb forums take a turn for the worst is when unknown or new members are hit too hard and things get too personal, not so much with battle hardened veterans like Taco.

Chabbezz brings out the best in me.

His ManGina can handle it.

Deep down inside he loves me...........:icon_redface:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I run my porty for a few minutes with the hose on to ensure all the water clinging to the walls of the hose doesn't leak out and make the vehicle stink like funk.

You could also pick up the far end of the hose with the vacs on and lift small segments hand-over-hand back to the machine hose port and disconnect.

Never a drop after that.

Reactions: Condog and GeeeAus

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's all good Mate.

I think InterWeb forums take a turn for the worst is when unknown or new members are hit too hard and things get too personal, not so much with battle hardened veterans like Taco.

Chabbezz brings out the best in me.

His ManGina can handle it.

Deep down inside he loves me...........:icon_redface:
Uhhh in a no homo kinda way. :winky:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You could also pick up the far end of the hose with the vacs on and lift small segments hand-over-hand back to the machine hose port and disconnect.

Never a drop after that.
That's exactly what I do before I shut down the machine. Good to the last drop.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If you are going to keep the CFX, I don't understand why you would buy a standard extractor?
The Ranger is both a standard and compact extractor.
On small jobs use the bigger version--Ranger and only fill up once or twice and avoid the Auto dump and auto fill hose. maybe you have learned by now what a pain the auto dump/fill hoses can be when it comes time to pack up.- It sucks if you accidently make a mess with these hoses when packing them up.

On bigger jobs use the compact version and use longer auto dump/fill hoses and extension cords so that you don't have to find new outlet locations. finding the 2-3 circuits is always time consuming.
I highly recommend you get a pre filter such as the lint hog by Mytee. this will keep your pump out working longer and protect the pump-- floods are also less likely.

I didn't know the Ranger had a manual dump.

Excellent advice.

It circles back to my original point that to someone new and not intimately familiar with their equipment, setting up, running, and breaking down an AF/APO unit running an RE can be somewhat of a challenge, and leaves them vulnerable to the inevitable unknown-till-it's-too-fooking-late sink adapter leak, clogged pump out , or whatever other clusterfook Murphy can throw at them when they likely will not have the experience to mediate it appropriately while Mrs. Piff is staring them down.

So I agree, if he chooses to keep it, shelf the AF/APO for a little while and go with a direct fill hose and bucket until he gets a solid grasp on other fundamentals.

Unfortunately, this method does not support operating a RE as well as AF/APO due to how fast an RE can cycle solution.

Hence my point on using a wand instead.

There is nothing better investment than earning your stripes with a wand and a bucket.

Sure there's no fooking glamour to it, but those that have successfully done it know they are better off because they did.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hmmm

Lets not fight. I think he's looking at it from a $ per hour point of view. But in that case a Cimex will make more productivity every day of the week ending in y than a truckmount.

I'm at a place where the kinds of jobs @Desk Jockey can't make work with HWE are my opportunities to do that. Not literally. But in principle. Let's just take a moment to remember that plenty of the work on a given guy's books is going to include some representation of people who at one time used somebody else, but you offer a better fit.

Just chilax peeps.

It's odd that the porty TM thing is such a biggie. You'd think everybody would be more cohesive about the carpet cleaning business discussion thing.

All these porty guys barking about I can do it better than you because I learnt it harder... So.....?

Matched only by the TM guys who poke fun but offer no help in spite of many recalling a time when they made their start with a porty... Such a BIG Help.

So we have I know better than you but I have questions

And

I have answers but I've moved on and am not saying.

You know. This isn't the best guys. We're not at our best behaving this way. :icon_rolleyes:
I'm sorry for my behavior. :shifty:

Anyone buy that? :lol:

Seriously you can't tell someone something they don't want to hear. They have to experience it to find it out.

In most cases the TM is going to be your best option. Fastest production time, no bucket brigade or faucets to disassemble. Fastef drying, better CFM but also the humid machine exhaust is left outdoors. Its also less intrusive without all the powercords throughout the home. Generally hotter water for better cleaning on heavily soiled carpets.

It all equates to a better overall client experience and higher per hour return for you. With the abilty to clean better faster you can fit more jobs in a day. Or enjoy more time off instead of lugging a tag a long around. :winky:

The exceptions are when you do work that a TM isn't possible. Then you have to be on top of your game because you are operating at a disadvantage.

You need to work out your systems from loading to processing and most importantly pricing. These seasoned vets like Frank, Ron, Nate John, Ofer, Grant know how to get the most out of their difficult situations. Poor hard working bastards! :winky:

:cool:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm sorry for my behavior. :shifty:

Anyone buy that? :lol:

Seriously you can't tell someone something they don't want to hear. They have to experience it to find it out.

In most cases the TM is going to be your best option. Fastest production time, no bucket brigade or faucets to disassemble. Fastef drying, better CFM but also the humid machine exhaust is left outdoors. Its also less intrusive without all the powercords throughout the home. Generally hotter water for better cleaning on heavily soiled carpets.

It all equates to a better overall client experience and higher per hour return for you. With the abilty to clean better faster you can fit more jobs in a day. Or enjoy more time off instead of lugging a tag a long around. :winky:

The exceptions are when you do work that a TM isn't possible. Then you have to be on top of your game because you are operating at a disadvantage.

You need to work out your systems from loading to processing and most importantly pricing. These seasoned vets like Frank, Ron, Nate John, Ofer, Grant know how to get the most out of their difficult situations. Poor hard working bastards! :winky:

:cool:
We are all aspiring to ride a desk someday, just like you.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Its not as rewarding as being in the field cleaning. :errf:

The fun is still being out on the truck. :biggrin:
The older you get, the less fun it is. Just spent the last three days transfering my truck mount from the Volkswagen to my Dodge van. Lots of fun. Huge heat shield under the dodge that had to be removed so I could drill the holes, then replaced. First job with it tomorrow. Now that it is all together, I really don't have much more room than the Volkswagen. I do have a nice shelf though. I think if Volkswagen reintroduced the transporter to North America, it would be a great seller.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom