Rotovac cfx ranger and 360i (the ultimate Portable discussion)

Discussion in 'The Hardware' started by Sky, Mar 29, 2017.

By Sky on Mar 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM
  1. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    I purchased the delux package from rotovac and have recently started using it. I am new to carpet cleaning and am absolutely flustered by the set-up and breakdown time. Some people say it only takes them about twenty minutes to set up their porty where as it took me about 40min to set up the cfx to the faucet run hose to the toilet and begin auto pump out.

Is this set up time normal when first starting or is this simply normal for the rotovac portable package? I do not have the money for a TM so no need to suggest it. Also there are 6 wires needed, where as other portables only have about two to four wires. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Hardware' started by Sky, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Cleanworks
      Cleanworks

Name:
      Ron Marriott
      That's exactly what I do before I shut down the machine. Good to the last drop.
    2. Goomer
      Goomer

Name:
      Frank Mendo
      Never fails.

Walk it back, roll it up, and be done with it.
      Lee Stockwell likes this.
    3. Goomer
      Goomer

Name:
      Frank Mendo
      I hate when they spit it out.
      Desk Jockey likes this.
    4. Goomer
      Goomer

Name:
      Frank Mendo
      I didn't know the Ranger had a manual dump.

Excellent advice.

It circles back to my original point that to someone new and not intimately familiar with their equipment, setting up, running, and breaking down an AF/APO unit running an RE can be somewhat of a challenge, and leaves them vulnerable to the inevitable unknown-till-it's-too-fooking-late sink adapter leak, clogged pump out , or whatever other clusterfook Murphy can throw at them when they likely will not have the experience to mediate it appropriately while Mrs. Piff is staring them down.

So I agree, if he chooses to keep it, shelf the AF/APO for a little while and go with a direct fill hose and bucket until he gets a solid grasp on other fundamentals.

Unfortunately, this method does not support operating a RE as well as AF/APO due to how fast an RE can cycle solution.

Hence my point on using a wand instead.

There is nothing better investment than earning your stripes with a wand and a bucket.

Sure there's no fooking glamour to it, but those that have successfully done it know they are better off because they did.
    5. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Pony Boy Curtis

Name:
      Rico
      I'm sorry for my behavior. :shifty:

Anyone buy that? :lol:

Seriously you can't tell someone something they don't want to hear. They have to experience it to find it out.

In most cases the TM is going to be your best option. Fastest production time, no bucket brigade or faucets to disassemble. Fastef drying, better CFM but also the humid machine exhaust is left outdoors. Its also less intrusive without all the powercords throughout the home. Generally hotter water for better cleaning on heavily soiled carpets.

It all equates to a better overall client experience and higher per hour return for you. With the abilty to clean better faster you can fit more jobs in a day. Or enjoy more time off instead of lugging a tag a long around. :winky:

The exceptions are when you do work that a TM isn't possible. Then you have to be on top of your game because you are operating at a disadvantage.

You need to work out your systems from loading to processing and most importantly pricing. These seasoned vets like Frank, Ron, Nate John, Ofer, Grant know how to get the most out of their difficult situations. Poor hard working bastards! :winky:

:cool:
    6. Goomer
      Goomer

Name:
      Frank Mendo
      Got that fooking right.
      Desk Jockey and Mark Von*Lay like this.
    7. Cleanworks
      Cleanworks

Name:
      Ron Marriott
      We are all aspiring to ride a desk someday, just like you.
    8. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Pony Boy Curtis

Name:
      Rico
      Its not as rewarding as being in the field cleaning. :errf:

The fun is still being out on the truck. :biggrin:
    9. GeeeAus
      GeeeAus

Supportive Member

Name:
      Grant Baverstock
      My place is on the tools.
      Desk Jockey likes this.
    10. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Pony Boy Curtis

Name:
      Rico
      It can be very satisfying! :cool:
    11. Cleanworks
      Cleanworks

Name:
      Ron Marriott
      The older you get, the less fun it is. Just spent the last three days transfering my truck mount from the Volkswagen to my Dodge van. Lots of fun. Huge heat shield under the dodge that had to be removed so I could drill the holes, then replaced. First job with it tomorrow. Now that it is all together, I really don't have much more room than the Volkswagen. I do have a nice shelf though. I think if Volkswagen reintroduced the transporter to North America, it would be a great seller.
      Nate The Great likes this.
    12. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Pony Boy Curtis

Name:
      Rico
      Heat shields are a pain in the ass when installing. I love a box truck. All clear for the most part and plenty of clearance to work under.
      Cleanworks likes this.