Rotovac not turning off

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
My rotovac is staying on after I let the power handle go. I thought it was a bad switch so I ordered a new switch and put it on, still not turning off sometimes.
Anyone know what else could be causing it to not turn off?

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
the old switch started to smoke so I know it was bad for sure.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Sounds as if a wire is shorting with strain or with pressure on the switch. Not shorting to ground, but across (or around) the switch. If it is doing it through the chassis, you have a potential man killer.

Another possibility is that the hand grip is not fully disengaging when released, so the switch is not pushing itself open

Open the handle and look really carefully. It may only need a touch of grease to let the springs do their thing. It may also have a bit of something galling the moving surfaces. It should click on, it should click off.

Reactions: Mikey P

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
I think I got it. The lever somehow was bent up a little not letting the new switch release all the way.

steve_64

My buffer sticks on. Almost did some serious damage a few months back. Bruised the heck out of me and broke the pad driver.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Good thing the rotovac I so light or the same could of happened with us. Turned on when I plugged it in. Good thing I was next to it.

Reactions: steve_64

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My rotovac is staying on after I let the power handle go. I thought it was a bad switch so I ordered a new switch and put it on, still not turning off sometimes.
Anyone know what else could be causing it to not turn off?

your what...10 minutes from my house...you should have just brought it over ...could of put it on the meter and figured it out easy.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom