Rotovac unveils new 3/4 HP motor for 360XL in Atlanta

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
While I agree use what ever tool works best for the situation I could asleep agree to get rid of everything else.:biggrin:

I've never seen a situation where a wand did better than an RE or Zipper. :shifty:

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
According to all the information gathered here, Richard. Chavez restoration has yet to gather the courage to let their techs use Naptha.

When are you going to let them graduate to real wands?

.............I could asleep agree to get rid of everything else.....................

Not familiar with your particular Topekan dialect. Could you please translate what "asleep agree" means.

Are you not getting enough sleep?

Worried in S.F.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Every situation is different, there isnt only one way to clean. Last week I was in a home that I was rotovacing, believe it or not, and after getting less then desired results I pulled out the wand and it did a better job. Ive had that same thing happen with a zipper. Not all homes are the same and not GREAT cleaning methods work on every job. Being a professional means being willing to step back and change your methods based on situations. If rotarys are the end all greatest, lets just get rid of everything else and make it all about that.
I totally agree.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
I did a rental poly today too.

Pre spray powermax.

Rotovac with DI water rinse.

Everything came out perfect. I started rolling up the hose and realized I'd left my solution line hooked to the fresh tank port. I cleaned the first half of the house at 230 and the second half at 150. Dumbass. The beauty is agitation wins every time.

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Maybe customers won't be so quick to run out and buy hardwood floors if we can get their carpet to perform for them.

It's a whole lot easier to sell some protector when their carpet is "standing tall" again too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
According to all the information gathered here, Richard. Chavez restoration has yet to gather the courage to let their techs use Naptha.

When are you going to let them graduate to real wands?

Not familiar with your particular Topekan dialect. Could you please translate what "asleep agree" means.

Are you not getting enough sleep?

Worried in S.F.
It was supposed to say "Agree" but my smarty phone put in "asleep". :errf:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree with carpet cleaners who do a good job with only a wand. It takes a lot longer though. I don't have a Rotovac 360 yet, I used to have a Rotovac dhx and although it cleaned well, I didn't like it and finally sold it. I found it slow and awkward. I found for the times I would use it, I preferred to use a 175, then wand it. I remember years ago as I was doing a large cgd job I had a supplier come in a do a rx20 demonstration. None of the guys liked it, mainly because you couldn't see how well it cleaned until the machine was past the area to be cleaned. This might not make a lot of sense to some of you but when you have only cleaned with a wand, you can see the cleaning solution actually hitting the carpet and you can see immediately, how the carpet is coming out. You adjust your speed and flow to keep the soil coming out evenly. Using a rotary tool is a complete learning curve. It takes time to adjust to how the carpet looks after you have passed over it. Just looking at the r60 with the brush head, you have to see how effective it can be. Instead of using a tool to prescrub, if you've already laid a good prespray and you're now hitting it with good pressure/flow and agitation combined, it just has to remove more soil, more quickly than a wand alone. I do great work with just a wand, I have customers that been with me for over 30 years but I am looking at getting a Rotovac 360 with a brush head as my next tool. Just might be the thing to help my bad back and shoulder as well.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I agree with carpet cleaners who do a good job with only a wand. It takes a lot longer though. I don't have a Rotovac 360 yet, I used to have a Rotovac dhx and although it cleaned well, I didn't like it and finally sold it. I found it slow and awkward. I found for the times I would use it, I preferred to use a 175, then wand it. I remember years ago as I was doing a large cgd job I had a supplier come in a do a rx20 demonstration. None of the guys liked it, mainly because you couldn't see how well it cleaned until the machine was past the area to be cleaned. This might not make a lot of sense to some of you but when you have only cleaned with a wand, you can see the cleaning solution actually hitting the carpet and you can see immediately, how the carpet is coming out. You adjust your speed and flow to keep the soil coming out evenly. Using a rotary tool is a complete learning curve. It takes time to adjust to how the carpet looks after you have passed over it. Just looking at the r60 with the brush head, you have to see how effective it can be. Instead of using a tool to prescrub, if you've already laid a good prespray and you're now hitting it with good pressure/flow and agitation combined, it just has to remove more soil, more quickly than a wand alone. I do great work with just a wand, I have customers that been with me for over 30 years but I am looking at getting a Rotovac 360 with a brush head as my next tool. Just might be the thing to help my bad back and shoulder as well.
While I can go on and on about the benefits of the rotary, my main benefit or why I use it as much as I do is the ease of use. I can clean all day and think nothing of it. I can't do that with a wand, or even my zipper.

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
My mom always use to say "I'm doing my best " when I asked (pleaded) with her to exercise more.

It drove me nuts because in her mind getting up to go to the fridge and back was "her best"..

Now she can't get out of bed due to atrophy.

She figured exercise wasn't necessary and I wouldn't know any better..

Do your best Robert, somebody IS watching.

So I'm gonna eat a little crow tonight, we were cleaning a Chuck E Cheese tonight and started out with a Zipper. About halfway through we were worn out from trying to maneuver it through and around the video games and machines. So we pulled out the wand and continued to finish the job. With about 20% left I decided to pull out my Rotovac XL and it started eating through the carpet pulling out piles of crap. We filled three filter bags in about 30 minutes, with very little effort. So just wanted to throw that out there and let you guys know my Rotovac crushed my wand lol.

Mikey P

Administrator
BTW, If any MB regular* would like to upgrade to the new 3/4 HP motor they have special pricing of $150 plus shipping available.

a 5 to 10 minute easy swap.

* this will be verified.

Reactions: jwfoulk12

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
BTW, If any MB regular* would like to upgrade to the new 3/4 HP motor they have special pricing of $150 plus shipping available.

a 5 to 10 minute easy swap.

* this will be verified.
Can we use our free shipping on this? lol

Reactions: Russ T.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Will this work on a 360i? Or just the large one? Will it spin faster?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom