Rover vs. Xtreme extractor?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
It will be used in tandem with a Flood Pumper. Which one should we equip our new restoration van with- the Rover or Xtreme extractor? Why?

rick imby

Name
Rick
I haven't played with either of them but there is no question the Rover would be more fun. What are you in business for? To buy fun toys? Well you get that with the rover. Both a toy and fully deductible tool.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Greg we have two of each and the Rover's always go out on the first two trucks.

The tech's like the way the Rover's maneuver much better than the Xtreme. Both are good units and the guys have been to a couple of schools where they were tested and the Xtreme came out on top for removal, but they still prefer the Rover for ease of use.

You really can't lose with either.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Last year chavezs told me to get the Xtreme Xtractor. Talk to his brother Dan, he is the one who knows what he is doing :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They will like it!

Steering gives it the edge, despite the Xtreme having removal. My tech's say you can move faster and easier around obstacles which allows you to go over any areas that might need an extra pass. Both are good units we used the Xtreme for years until they came out with the Rover.

"it's so easy even a caveman can do it"
(similarities to Crowley were not intentional, but fitting none the less! :p )

:mrgreen:

Greenie

Back when I was working with Dri-Eaz on the glide for the Rover, one thing that came to mind was the soft nature of a 20" bar of 1 3/8" teflon was sure to be kinder to water soaked carpet backing and pad than a Stainless perforated drum that is narrower.

So...my question for the Restoration guys, does the Xtreme Xtractor play hell on wet latex or not?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Greenie
I've not noticed it ever harm the carpet but I can understand their concern. Carpet is pretty vulnerable after it has been sitting water soaked for hours.

Is it because it can cause a ripple as it rolls??? :?:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
1230.gif

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
was going to buy a rover for its manuverability advantage but almost everyone i spoke with mentioned that the rover rippled the carpet and the rover did not recover nowhere near as much as the xtreme xt. will be compareing both units next week side by side and will report on my findings.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mike had not heard of the carpet rippling. :?:

The best way to decide is to use them both, they both work well, either will do the job.

I've said what we have found, I wouldn't want to steer anyone to one brand or another.

It seems in restoration for the most part you are either Drieaz or you're Phoenix. We are Drieaz, although we do own some Phoenix equipment.

They both make good equipment, it's like Chevy and Ford and people will have their own preferences. I don't get into knocking them.

LeeCory

If you have a glided Ti wand, have your helper stand on the head and balance his hands on the wand handle as you pull him along. That's a broke mans Rover...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
rippling carpet? I disengage the carpet anyhow afterwords. It still needs to be dried ans stretched in. I must be doing something wrong

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Still only 1 funny

I always dis-engage the carpet replace the pad 80% of the time and reinstall. That is wrong? Group lesson here

TimP

Matt Murdock said:
Still only 1 funny

I always dis-engage the carpet replace the pad 80% of the time and reinstall. That is wrong? Group lesson here

You only need to do that on a cat 2 loss. Urine in the pad from pets or gray water.

You can dry it in place with cat 1 losses for sure. Not to mention the time and effort to disengage the carpet without damaging it, and reinstall the carpet properly. If it's not required why do it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom