Rug Dusting Grid

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I need some kind of grid to put under rugs for dusting while agitating the back with an aggressive beater bar. I need something cheap, modular and local. Will the thick rubber mats with the holes used in restaurants work or are they only for washing because they will absorb the shock?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I did search old post on the issue, but did not really find an anwser. Anyone?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
main_content_img.jpg

:roll: Thanks

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
You can use plastic interlocking tiles, which is what I used to always by at Home Depot when I was teaching my rug cleaning workshops at Jon-Don - we'd use them in the pit, and also outside of the pit for dusting.

I don't think Home Depot carries these in-store anymore - but you can get them on-line at lots of places. That's what Bishop does, and marks them up 5 times for his coffers.

http://www.acehose.com/ma_turtle.html

Any color you want.

I personally prefer these to the metal grates - because I've had those metal ones scar the front of a "soft" rug when using the Badger in class due to the weight of that machine (I wanted to see what would happen... and I did). :)

Hope that helps,
Lisa

John Watson

Miss Hildy don leaves no scars cepting a broken heart or two when she walzes on the flo. She is made of cast Aluminium, not steel, remember she also sucks as she carresses!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom