Rug Experts, what can you tell me?

tim

rugpictures002.jpg

rugpictures001.jpg

Customer wants to know where this is from, maybe how old, anything else that you can tell me. Anything special to worry about when cleaning?

Ron K

Kirman, 1940-1970 Vacuum... vacuum.... vacuum. Wool on a Cotton Foundation Wash it should be ok.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Looks like a Kirman, probably around the 1950 to 1960ish range. Usually not alot of cleaning consideration. They started using dryer lesser quality wool around this time frame. As a result the wool seams to stain easeir and doesn't respond to spot treatments nearly as effectively as other rugs of the time frame. I'll let Hyde give you any more specifics.

Damn Ron beat my reponce out!

Ron K

Was washing today and hapened to look David, sorry. Washed one of these a couple of weeks ago full of dirt. Eureka did a better job than the Weasle. Had to wash it twice but when you grinned it open the foundation was clean not dirty. Didn't make 9.00 a foot though.

tim

Thanks guys, is it anything of value? It is not in great shape. Should I vacuum and badger or just vacuum?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
tim said:
Thanks guys, is it anything of value? It is not in great shape. Should I vacuum and badger or just vacuum?

Yes!! Alot of times with thicker pile rugs we will vac, badger and then vac again. These seems to be very effective in removing alot of the soil.. And no need to wernize the vacuum process the first or second time unless you see/feel alot of soil coming out the second vacuum.

Jose Smith

The only thing I can add here is to be sure to allow extra dry time due to the thickness of the pile.

DSCN0748.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom