Rust stain and school cleaning

brite n clean

What's a good remover for rust stains on carpeting? Also I have a bid to do on a small school with 3500 sq ft of carpeting. The carpet is in good shape but I don't want to undercharge. Even at 15 cents it would come to about $540.00. This would include moving around about 75 chars, and some tables. There's alot of hallway, offices and a small classroom also.
The bulk of the cleaning is a large dining room.
Thanks for any input

Rex Tyus

Most effective and efficient rust remover left on the market is Wink's. Many will find reason to criticize Wink's but if you are into production and don't have 15 minutes to wait for each rust spot it is the one.

15 cents is do able with HWE on a school if you can do it with one hose run. It would be hard for me to justify multiple set ups at that price. However if $540 is at or above your daily average I would still do it. Don't get hung up on the sf price or even the hourly rate for that matter. I look at the daily rate. Good luck.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have only tried 3 rust removers.

Forget what one was called, the other was hydromaster something or other. They both sucked.

Tried T-Rust. Never went back.

T-Rust by Bridgepoint is my remover of choice.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the fastest and most aggressive rust remover you can buy is Novel Laundry rust Stain remover.

I believe it's the same as Wink, that Rex mentioned.
(Hydrofluoric acid)

it's VERY aggressive and DON'T get it on your fingers.
It's a serious corrosive acid.
use it RESPONSIBLY!
The vapors can also etch glass, so be careful is is using near sliding glass doors

.........................................................................................

"Hydrofluoric acid is not like any other acids. It is considered as extremely hazardous either as a liquid or vapor. HF can cause severe burns which can take up to 24 hours before being visible or painful. However it will readily be absorbed into the skin and bind with calcium and magnesium to form insoluble salts. These insoluble salts will interfere with cellular metabolism, causing cellular necrosis and death."
...............................................................................................

You can buy Novel at Advanced supply at rt 59 and Baily rd

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Whink is the proper spelling. Great stuff. I remember getting BBQ'd at Bane back in the 80's for using it...now they sell it too.

http://www.whink.com/

Pick it up at Wal*Mart when you get your WD-40, two of the few American made products they still carry.

smiling,
Lee

Name
Lee Stockwell
WARNING!!

The acid looks like water, but is VERY dangerous, especially since you don't "feel like" you've been bit by it. It will quickly migrate thru your skin and attack you BONES. Seriously! Be careful! You may be tempted to stick the bottle in your pocket due to it's neat shape, but don't!

Don't ask me how I know it's a bad idea....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry;

I don't think Novel Rust Remover contains any hydrofluoric acid.

Current quote from the web page...

"Novel Rust Remover: Completely removes rust stains from laundry and carpets, contains no Hydrofluoric Acid, is safer to use and more environmentally friendly. 16 oz. plastic applicator bottle."

Whink does have some HF acid, but no more than other rust removers on the market.

All have less HF acid than the original Erusticator product (I still have some for A-B testing).

Larry

Dolly

T-Rust by bridge point is outstanding and works on contact with carpet. I have used it for years and years and would not use anything else. Just make sure you rinse it out real well.

So I would suggest that you could buy that with confidence.

Also, I would suggest you bump your price to 25 cents per square and include the rust and stain removal and anything else needed to
clear the room for cleaning. Don't' be afraid to sell the job for more, it is worth more. You can educated them why it is worth your charge.

It does not matter what they can do in house, if they could and would, they would not be calling anyone from the outside.

Also........I have the novel rust removal too. it is expensive and I use it
to get the toilets Crystal clean from black and rust. and the tubs from the black stains.

I don't have to scrub and it dissolves it like nothing else I have ever seen.

Just ware a good pair of protective gloves. It is very corrosive. In fact some of it leaked out on me in my bag I had my cel phones is and it destroyed them. So.......put it is a safe place and use it with caution.

But........it works. and if something works, you use it and you charge for it.

Does anyone know where you can get it for less than $25.00 per bottle.

Let us know how it all worked out for you.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Jeremy is the only person who actually gave good advice, under the circumstances, and he said it is so few words.

Some of you think the more you babble, the smarter you are.

Dolly

You may want to see if you can find an upgraded photo of
you Marty.......that one is just too ugly for words.

But

Then again, if that's the best you got, then you can't do
anything about it.........you are what you are......

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I can attest to hydrofluoric dangers. I got some on my finger tips, tossed, turned and burned all night, got up and went to the hospital. The doctor cut off both fingernails and opened both fingers to the bone with a local. They injected calcium to neutralize the acid and left it unstitched but bound to drain. Next to hemorrhoid surgery, it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Use with extreme care!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Novel is all I've used since Erusticator disappeared. I thought it was the same product. It works just as well regardless.

tim

After reading Willy's post, I will stick to BP TRust!!! I havent seen a spot or job worth that!!!!

diamond brian

If all you guys and gals were as busy as you claim to be, the callouses on your hands would protect you from these chemicals!

Seriously, I use floor stripper, acids, reducers, and so on without donning gloves. Worst problem I've ever had is a little dry skin.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
B&BGaryC said:
Does T-Rust have any HF acid? I didn't think it did...

T-Rust does not contain any hydrofluoric acid. T-Rust is a slower slower than HF, but still works fine and is MUCH safer.

Scott Warrington

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I use Prochems Rust Remover. Uses ammonium biflouride and Phosphoric acid.

Was told about all the nasty effects of hydrofluoric acid. Too much risk, both for me and my clients. Gonedy!!
Tried T-Rust, but Prochems seemed more a gel and worked quicker.

Also tried some stuff that Bob had from Judson. It was meant for coffee and tea but with a little agitation, took some rust right out of a berber. Neutral pH and nothing too hazardous to my health, well, that I know of. need to look at it more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom