Sad news out of California..

rick imby

Name
Rick
One of these days the country will wake up and find that amazon did our country a real disservice. Pretty hard to compete with a huge online seller that has NEVER made money. They have made money for a quarter here or there but never had a profit on an annual basis. They aren't trying to make money, how can a legitimate business compete with a "pump & dump" that is all about stock price (which is way, way OVERVALUED). Jeff Bezos sells around a billion dollars in stock annually. He is personally cashing in huge on stock speculation. It's a pump & dump and the small operator is his victim.

One day we will regret the destruction of local retail and all the lost jobs. A crash is coming guys. When people talk about how great the market is doing I have to laugh as 99% of the American public fail to realize that the Dow Jones Industrial Average is based on only 30 publicly head companies. Many of them are NOT making money and the volume of trading is worthless as barometer for how the national economy is doing. All these restaurants, retail shops, supplier in our industry closing up is a much better focus point.

Save your money guys, pay down debt and be ready for the panic that a huge correction will bring. It's going to be worse than the 2008 crash and last much longer. Our economy is a house of cards that had a Marxist puppeteer for 8 years. The average american consumer, the moppets.

It is amazing to me that Amazon is just the old Sears reborn. I have sold a few hundred thousand dollars of product through their FBA (fulfillment by Amazon) program but not made much money. Even though to most of us that is big money they do not care. The treat small vendors like sh*t. If you have an item that sells well they pester your supplier to go direct. They don't even have a way for us to contact them... Their arrogance is legendary...

Their stock price wow is all I can say---it has got to come down someday. They are just a big big middleman with huge expenses when you figure that everything they sell has to be boxed and shipped. With Prime you can buy Toothpaste, toilet paper and dog food and have it shipped.---no way are they making money on that.

Wanna get back at Amazon? Buy some heavy item and return it----grin----make sure it is sold by Amazon and not some poor vendor.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
One of these days the country will wake up and find that amazon did our country a real disservice. Pretty hard to compete with a huge online seller that has NEVER made money. They have made money for a quarter here or there but never had a profit on an annual basis. They aren't trying to make money, how can a legitimate business compete with a "pump & dump" that is all about stock price (which is way, way OVERVALUED). Jeff Bezos sells around a billion dollars in stock annually. He is personally cashing in huge on stock speculation. It's a pump & dump and the small operator is his victim.

One day we will regret the destruction of local retail and all the lost jobs. A crash is coming guys. When people talk about how great the market is doing I have to laugh as 99% of the American public fail to realize that the Dow Jones Industrial Average is based on only 30 publicly head companies. Many of them are NOT making money and the volume of trading is worthless as barometer for how the national economy is doing. All these restaurants, retail shops, supplier in our industry closing up is a much better focus point.

Save your money guys, pay down debt and be ready for the panic that a huge correction will bring. It's going to be worse than the 2008 crash and last much longer. Our economy is a house of cards that had a Marxist puppeteer for 8 years. The average american consumer, the moppets.

Well said.

In the back of my mind it's always there: amazon is a loser company. As you said, they're not making money.
Also a good idea to not have debt. I can get up after my coffee right now, and walk out the door knowing I don't owe anybody money. (real estate deals excluded)

Inevitably, there will be some of you proclaiming "only brokedicks say no debt, because they can't get a loan". It's not true.

Wife and I used amazon maybe a handful of times over the years.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Amazon could show a profit any quarter they want. As of now their plan seems use the money(profit) and take over the world(expand).

randy

Name
Randy
There are no profits to take , Jerry. Jeff Bezos is selling stock to fund his space bullshit and other interests like the Washington Post which he recently purchased. He has a home here too in DC so he can hobnob with the power elite that is seriously screwing over small business. Jeff is obviously power hungry but I don't think they could be profitable. It started in 1994 and has racked up huge accumulated tax losses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom