Saiger and I agree...

steve_64

If you don't charge more for trashed carpets or a bunch of red dye stains, that means that your non-carpet -abusing clients are footing the bill.

You may color it whichever way you like (its called PR), but that is exactly what it means. Be fair, reward your clients that take good care of their carpet with a fair price.

If the carpet is trashed due to a client negligence, you bet they are paying more- as they should. Because it takes a lot more time. Your mechanic does not charge the same for an oil change as they would an engine rebuild.

Once I quote a price I never change it, however if my pre-inspection reveals that it requires a lot more work. You bet your little PR fanny, it will be in the price.
Exactly!!!

Reactions: SamIam

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
If you don't charge more for trashed carpets or a bunch of red dye stains, that means that your non-carpet -abusing clients are footing the bill.

You may color it whichever way you like (its called PR), but that is exactly what it means. Be fair, reward your clients that take good care of their carpet with a fair price.

If the carpet is trashed due to a client negligence, you bet they are paying more- as they should. Because it takes a lot more time. Your mechanic does not charge the same for an oil change as they would an engine rebuild.

Once I quote a price I never change it, however if my pre-inspection reveals that it requires a lot more work. You bet your little PR fanny, it will be in the price.

I agree. There is Cleaning and then there is Restoration. We rarely charge extra except in extreme cases. We have this disclaimer: our prices are based on norms and averages. In exteme cases we reserve to the right to increase our prices. These increases will be rare but fair and we will inform you before begining the work.

Reactions: Rick J

steve_64

I'm referring to your post. Lol

And just teasing. You are usually pretty serious here.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
I can't tell you the last time any of us used a waterclaw

I'm curious how you're addressing more significant urine deposits then? Honestly if there was a better way than over wetting the carpet and pad I'd love to hear it, maybe a video showing what you're doing. We've offer topical enzyme deodorizer as well but its more of a band-aid, where as our OSR and waterclaw method tends to offer the best, longest lasting results. Thanks Mike

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mark, I charge for the full size of the room.
I explain that it actually takes longer to clean a room that is furnished than an empty room (unless you're talking just the entrance).
Many times, if the room/house is 100% empty I'll give a 10% discount. It just takes less time. Easy.

Most clients understand, every once in a blue moon they don't. In 28 years, I remember only one client (that actually said so) that declined. Judging from other things she said, I think I was better off not working for her.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I'm curious how you're addressing more significant urine deposits then? Honestly if there was a better way than over wetting the carpet and pad I'd love to hear it, maybe a video showing what you're doing. We've offer topical enzyme deodorizer as well but its more of a band-aid, where as our OSR and waterclaw method tends to offer the best, longest lasting results. Thanks Mike

When it is in so many places and you are just able to make things a bit better... Some enzyme use. Only water claw if in one smaller area but not entire room. So the enzyme as it stays wet can help. We are incorporating our new Saiger's Cide Sauce Lime Citron Odor Destroyer into the enzyme. Testing has started and picking a name is next... Because it has been working very well so far.

But you want it like new... Don't let the Pets whiz in the home.... Or learn to put them out more often...

Ok... Anyway some videos of course... And when using our enzyme, turn off your Chemical injection and turn the heat down for this enzyme...

Reactions: Able 1

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Thanks for the info @Mark Saiger appreciate it!

If we were starting out today we could probably not market ourselves as the urine removal experts, but that ship has sailed. We are probably stuck continuing to use OSR and water claw. In the summer months we see a lot of these issues and have an extremely high percentage of repeat clients that continue to use us because we get the longest lasting odor removal results with the system we use now.

We still offer the topical enzyme application like shown in your videos but don't offer any kind of warranty on the odor removal, done at a much lower price than charging by the gallon for OSR.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom