Same truckmount, same chems, same wand..

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I disagree. All of our equipment has limitations as do we. But I can most definitely clean better now with my WM than I did with my bane. Actually the crb made me a better cleaner to.

The right tool for the right job is huge. Then the right guy running it.
Steve,

I agree you can clean better (more efficient) with a truckmount than you can with a portable or a stripped down truckmount (i.e. Bane), but that was not what this thread was about.

It was about you can give an Aerotec to a bad cleaner and he will still not do a good job.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
You'd have to be a bad cleaner and an asshole to not do a good enough job with an Aerotech.

Bob have you ever had the pleasure?

Power to spare is something you just have to try once in your life..

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

steve_64

Steve,

I agree you can clean better (more efficient) with a truckmount than you can with a portable or a stripped down truckmount (i.e. Bane), but that was not what this thread was about.

It was about you can give a Aerotec to a bad cleaner and he will still not do a good job.
I agree with the last sentence. Yes equipment can make you more efficient but product and equipment decide what you can actually accomplish.

Try cleaning grease with just water and a towel. Some things just aren't possible without proper tools.

Reactions: Bob Savage

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
R
You'd have to be a bad cleaner and an asshole to not do a good enough job with an Aerotech.

read the thread about Stanley steemer. 56 blowers and still leaving the carpet wet. all the tools in the world won't help a tech who doesn't care

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
you wan to compare a under driven 56 slide in and a 68 powered by a diesel truck motor?
I've never seen a stanley steemer but with a 4 cylinder ford motor and a 56 blower, it sounds head and shoulders above most machines out there. Maybe they don't run it fast enough, I don't know but I do know that you have to turn down the power on an aerotech to single wand.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage

Yes, you would have to be a bad cleaner, that was my point.

I have not had that opportunity to run an Aero, but I did run a Vortex at Duane's, and YES, that is one impressive Truckmount to say the least; but alas, an old man like me would get that wand stuck to the carpet with all that lift. :errf:

I actually have power to spare with the TM that I am currently using because it runs dual wands still with screaming vacuum, flow, and HEAT. :arrrr:

Last edited:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
you wan to compare a under driven 56 slide in and a 68 powered by a diesel truck motor?
I agree the SS #56 is not a good blower choice, but that is the one that they chose back in the '50's, and they're sticking with it. Undriving it just like Bane.

I have yet to see someone telling "us" when we reach the point of "diminishing returns" as far as these truckmounts.

I also think that "we" are more impressed with these BIG monster truckmounts a whole lot more than our customers are, and the more impressed we are the more manufacturers will keep making them bigger, and more expensive.

JMO

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
SS runs a Kubota 972 with a roots #56. Is that motor underpowered in your opinions?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Blower is 1750 RPM’s
I think that's the problem. At that speed, the specs I have on that blower say 276 cfm which is equivalent to a 36 blower. If they ran it at 2850 rpm, they would have 501 cfm which would make it as powerful as any of the larger machines out there. Any reason that they don't run to full capability?

steve_64

I think that's the problem. At that speed, the specs I have on that blower say 276 cfm which is equivalent to a 36 blower. If they ran it at 2850 rpm, they would have 501 cfm which would make it as powerful as any of the larger machines out there. Any reason that they don't run to full capability?
You don't have to.

Mine runs at 1500ish.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
all things equal, It's not just the work ethic that makes one good better best.
some guys intuitively "get it"
others are little more than trained circus monkeys going thru motions taught

both types can have a great work ethic, but one will always be better

No different any service biz or trade
Mechanic, carpenter, 'lectician, welder, butcher, baker, candlestick maker

equal training, equal experience, equal work ethic, all can be "competent", but some guys are just plain a little better than others

..L.T.A.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
if your talking about employees and they are 75% good, thats a win.

for the most part carpet cleaning is a simple service, I know if I go out on a job ill probably do it better but if they are 75-80% thats good.

from a management stand point you gotta learn to accept just a little bit less than perfect otherwise running any business will be pretty difficult for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom