Same truckmount, same chems, same wand..

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
It was eye opening one time I sold a truck mount to a guy who was just getting in the business. I did a demo at one of his customers, an insurance shop. He had some experience, mostly with portables. I fired up the tm and showed him some basic wand strokes then let him take over. There was a night and day difference in the areas I cleaned and what he cleaned. Exactly the same tm, wand and chemicals. The only difference was the way it was applied. After many years in the business, you get a feel for how much cleaning solution you are using, how fast you can move the wand, where to speed up or slow down. Experience is always the best teacher if you are willing to learn.
Depends on which side of the wand you stand on
..on one side. .yor pushing and the other side yor pullin...
NOW THINK ABOUT THAT

Name
Lee Stockwell
You can demonstrate wand speed on a dirty carpet: start slow full trigger back stroke, increasing speed gradually. You will reach a point where it's like flipping off a switch.

Many run faster than that.

steve_64

if your talking about employees and they are 75% good, thats a win.

for the most part carpet cleaning is a simple service, I know if I go out on a job ill probably do it better but if they are 75-80% thats good.

from a management stand point you gotta learn to accept just a little bit less than perfect otherwise running any business will be pretty difficult for you.
Your ego says you do it better. None of us are really as good as we think more than likely.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Your ego says you do it better. None of us are really as good as we think more than likely

I agree most think they're better than they really are (from cleaning, to driving, to "how great a lover" they think they are)

But it's more than ego, Steveo

if you haven't had a dozen or so different guys on the truck over decades, you might not know what I'm talking about .
Of the dozen or so I've had on the truck over the years, most all were competent , but two really "got it" and were absolutely consistently better than most

I'll bet you Gen can relate to what I'm talking about if she's had more than a few working with her over the years

..L.T.A.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I just mean ego aside, if you own the business you put in that last 20% of effort.. but guys making an hourly wage just dont have quite the same thinking.

and if they are at 80% good, you have to accept that because nobody is going to be perfect for you.... and 80% is great from a management standpoint

its fine with me, Im not striving to be known as the best dirt and piss sucker on the planet... just want to operate a few solid profitable businesses because its business itself that is my passion

steve_64

I just mean ego aside, if you own the business you put in that last 20% of effort.. but guys making an hourly wage just dont have quite the same thinking.

and if they are at 80% good, you have to accept that because nobody is going to be perfect for you.... and 80% is great from a management standpoint

its fine with me, Im not striving to be known as the best dirt and piss sucker on the planet... just want to operate a few solid profitable businesses because its business itself that is my passion

I was hourly till I was 40. I still worked just as hard. It's my younger years when I did most my damage working harder than everyone else.

Just the way I am.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You don’t even want to see my fence.

EC3FFC97-D4E0-41A3-AA80-E9C96190B792.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom