Sapphire Water pond junk!

Chris A

Name
Chris
IMG_20170829_070039.jpg
IMG_20170829_070104.jpg
IMG_20170829_070042.jpg
IMG_20170829_070047.jpg

In case anyone was thinking of buying a sapphire water pond this is what one looks like after 18 months of normal use. Sapphire has refused to do anything about it, in fact they told my local Interlink to advise me not to get it wet... Are you fookin serious? Front panel is half rusted through it will need replaced as it holds the bladder together.

Reactions: Russ T. and jcooper

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd pull it out this winter. Soda blast it, prime and re paint it. I'd re-mount it off the floor with rubber spacers or marine board runners.

Something to get it up an inch or so off the floor. That should allow it to dry beneath it.

What is causing that much water in the truck? Bad water float?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
In case anyone was thinking of buying a sapphire water pond this is what one looks like after 18 months of normal use. Sapphire has refused to do anything about it, in fact they told my local interlink to advise me not to get it wet... Are you fookin serious? Front panel is half rusted through it will need replaced as it holds the bladder together.

Wow, guy spends a boat load of cash and this is what he gets?!:headscratch:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yes, hose out/pressure wash weekly, doors are left open every night, heated shop

J

JS41035

I know it's frustrating. But I would just pull it out have it blasted and powder coated and go on. It will probably cost a few hundr d bucks. And will last for years. Just keep making money. Something was funky with that paint job. But it's steel and you know rust is coming eventually. Not in less than 2 years though. That is silly.

Mikey P

Administrator
In 30 years and 24 trucks I've never pressure washed a truckmount while in a van, let alone once a week in a hot humid environment.

Just begging for trouble.

Especially after the first sign of trouble.

Sapphire should be using car paint and techniques for sure..

F

FB7777

That's fooked up, I don't care what you're doing there's no way that should happen inside of 2 years

a WATER pond is rusting ...JHC

Make it out of Poly if you're gonna go cheap on metal

My 17 year old Butler looks better than that

There's a lesson about Branding right there and it's what separates the best from the rest

Chris A

Name
Chris
In 30 years and 24 trucks I've never pressure washed a truckmount while in a van, let alone once a week in a hot humid environment.

Just begging for trouble.

Especially after the first sign of trouble.

Sapphire should be using car paint and techniques for sure..

Just to clarify, I pressure wash the floors and plastic door sills, the machine and tank just get damp wiped unless they are especially grungy

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Chris if you have a decent compressor, you can sandblast it yourself very effectively. Use Black Beauty, it is cheap and fast. Immediately prime with Rustoleum (check the label to make sure it has fish oil) and overcoat with any industrial paint within 48 hours. Again, Rustoleum is decent and you can add hardener if you want.

In case you are wondering, fish oil absorbs oxygen from rust and prevents it from spreading.

The point is, for the money you save, you can do this over the weekend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom