Satisfaction guaranteed!!!!!!

OH boy had a good one today,tech calls me this lady refusing to pay....why I ask? Well im cleaning her tile and all of looks great besides a few areas in kitchen. If you clean tile you know bahrooms and kitchens are the worst. So the lady spouts off, it says in your ad that "satisfaction guaranteed" and Im not satisfied.......So I asked her has your grout been sealed before?...No it has it not....Okay well maam grout is very pourus and if you havent had it sealed some stains will not come up kitchens being one of the worst areas...grease etc.....She says "its not my fault its not been sealed your ad says satisfaction guaranteed and Im not!!....deep breath Curtis...whew...maam when you wear a shirt for 5 years and dont clean it do you expect it to come clean.....well I dont know its not my fault!!...so I asked her is it mine????...no response well your sec. said....wait a minute maam she told me that she told your husband that we cannot guaranteee all your tile and grout will come clean, nobody does, you dont know till you try.....well Im still not paying.

Dont you dislike/hate/despise people like that, my tech said he had bad feeling when he first started being around them. So we red flagged her and got her to pay half her bill.................call it a loss and get outta there.

PYSCHO ALERT

Rex Tyus

Re: Satisfaction guarantedd!!!!!!

C Pennington said:
OH boy had a good one today,tech calls me this lady refusing to pay....why I ask? Well im cleaning her tile and all of looks great besides a few areas in kitchen. If you clean tile you know bahrooms and kitchens are the worst. So the lady spouts off, it says in your ad that "satisfaction guaranteed" and Im not satisfied.......So I asked her has your grout been sealed before?...No it has it not....Okay well maam grout is very pourus and if you havent had it sealed some stains will not come up kitchens being one of the worst areas...grease etc.....She says "its not my fault its not been sealed your ad says satisfaction guaranteed and Im not!!....deep breath Curtis...whew...maam when you wear a shirt for 5 years and dont clean it do you expect it to come clean.....well I dont know its not my fault!!...so I asked her is it mine????...no response well your sec. said....wait a minute maam she told me that she told your husband that we cannot guaranteee all your tile and grout will come clean, nobody does, you dont know till you try.....well Im still not paying.

Dont you dislike/hate/despise people like that, my tech said he had bad feeling when he first started being around them. So we red flagged her and got her to pay half her bill.................call it a loss and get outta there.

PYSCHO ALERT

Let me guess? She is originally from New England right? Retired in Florida?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams

Rex, We call those half backs here in N.C. because on their way back up north they park here awhile.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

Wait three months and then repaint her house with grade-A's cackleberries....

TimP

Just because of that customer you should get some work order/contract signed before cleaning. It would of prevented her from taking advantage, of course you would need to spell out limitations to your guaranteed satisifaction.

Secondly if she had expectations of perfection or near perfection you should of sold her color sealing. Or at least made it an option so that she would know what perfection costs in comparison to a heavy clean.

So far I've been lucky, although I make no claim of money back etc with my guarantee. I just guarantee I'll come back and fix spots if they aren't happy if it's possible to fix them of course. Just putting a money back offer out there is asking for someone to try to cheat you unless you take precautions. There are cons out there and you have to watch out for them......and little old ladies can be the worst. In fact women in general can be worse when it comes to money and cleaning.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

yes she was a Vawter

Mikey P

Administrator

Sounds like you and your Tech need to attend our Color Sealing Chat this coming Wednesday night at 7pm PST

Mikey P said:
Sounds like you and your Tech need to attend our Color Sealing Chat this coming Wednesday night at 7pm PST

Im there I use do some color but kinda faded it out....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Honestly I just talk to the customer before I start and let her know what I can and can't do. It's the age old "Promise nothing, deliver everything" to a certain extent.

But I noticed the tech said that he thought something was up from the get go. That's a no win situation unless you have them sign something upfront and even then there will probably be problems.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

C Pennington said:
[quote="Mikey P":3lz4ouw9]Sounds like you and your Tech need to attend our Color Sealing Chat this coming Wednesday night at 7pm PST

Im there I use do some color but kinda faded it out....[/quote:3lz4ouw9]

I get it. :mrgreen:

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani

Because of this exact thing, mine partener and i are working on making up some triplicate work orders that get signed before anything begins! If any one has ones they would like to share, i would greatly appreciate it!

TimP

I'd be interested in the forms too. It would be nice to have for super picky nutso customers.

Rex Tyus

Jim Williams said:
Rex, We call those half backs here in N.C. because on their way back up north they park here awhile.

I wish they would park there ON THE WAY DOWN. :evil:

It is nice and peaceful in the panhandle. The few issues that arise are always from a displaced Yankee.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen

Your marketing strategy guaranteed your customer's satisfaction. You did not deliver. In my opinion you owe her a full refund. Never promise something you have no control over.

Rex Tyus

kmdineen said:
Your marketing strategy guaranteed your customer's satisfaction. You did not deliver. In my opinion you owe her a full refund. Never promise something you have no control over.

Does that mean you don't or wouldn't offer satisfaction guaranteed?

Greg Loe

"satisfaction guaranteed" Didn't we just have a big discussion on this? Remember the dry cleaners that lost some pants and got sued for millions.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Some people cannot be satisfied, usually because they WON'T be satisfied. All you have to tell them is that you gaurantee your work. If they want specifics it's up to you to cover your A.
I just tell them I will come back if any problems I didn't let them know about at the end of the job comes up IE; stains coming back etc.
I don't run into this very often anymore because I have learned to be, and how to be upfront with the customer. And I tend to advertise to a better class of customer.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Pay her the full refund.

It's your fault not hers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't live up to your advertising.

Get on your knees and call her before she spreads it all around your town.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo

Some people are never satisfied no matter how upfront you are. I've only given one refund on our 3way written guarantee. I recleaned the white canvas loveseat (hidden stains would'nt come out) and just gave her the money back without her asking.

Albert

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen

Rex Tyus said:
kmdineen said:

Of course I will NOT guarantee a customer will be satisfied. There are far too many variables. Type of stain, type of material the stain is on what has been done to the stain by the customer and what is a successful conclusion in the customer's opinion.
I do guarantee my procedure. I inspect the area to be cleaned and give a price. I vacuum, spot, apply a pre spray, agitate the pre spray, thoroughly rinse with a hot detergent. If some stains remain I will treat them again then groom the carpet. That is what I will do for my square foot pricing. If a customer is not satisfied at that point I will offer additional work on problem areas at a hourly rate.

Greg Loe

Pre-inspection

write no guarantee on stains

Have customer sign

also guarantee is money back, they can't get it back of they don't give it to you.

They pay, not happy, re-clean, still not happy, give money back only for area not happy with.

kmdineen said:

Im not fully refunding a con artist....there is a difference.

Rex Tyus said:
kmdineen said:

I offered it for 9 years there is always a first...you dont guarantee your work?

kmdineen said:
Rex Tyus said:
kmdineen said:

Of course I will NOT guarantee a customer will be satisfied. There are far too many variables. Type of stain, type of material the stain is on what has been done to the stain by the customer and what is a successful conclusion in the customer's opinion.
I do guarantee my procedure. I inspect the area to be cleaned and give a price. I vacuum, spot, apply a pre spray, agitate the pre spray, thoroughly rinse with a hot detergent. If some stains remain I will treat them again then groom the carpet. That is what I will do for my square foot pricing. If a customer is not satisfied at that point I will offer additional work on problem areas at a hourly rate.

Scared say ya scared...unreasonable people, I guess you never had one...welcome to the real world. We guarantee satisfaction within reason, this is atotally different sceniro..it happens.

My marketing has worked one nut job wont change that.

Satisfa

Dave Yoakum said:
Pay her the full refund.

It's your fault not hers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't live up to your advertising.

Get on your knees and call her before she spreads it all around your town.

LMAO...I wouldnt wont to do any of her "friends".

Hollywood said:
Honestly I just talk to the customer before I start and let her know what I can and can't do. It's the age old "Promise nothing, deliver everything" to a certain extent.

But I noticed the tech said that he thought something was up from the get go. That's a no win situation unless you have them sign something upfront and even then there will probably be problems.

We did prep her on the likelhood of potential problems...

For the record we do relean if someone is not happy and if there still not happy I give them there money back.

This is the first time Ive done this in 9 years like this I wont give a full refund to a crook.

Also this thread was started to show some humour on how unreasonable people can be...to question me how I run my buisness was not what this was about. Its very easy for some "ass klowns" to spin this in the way you see how I "should of" handled it. You werent there, so dont judge. My buisness reputation here ,where I live is exceptional.

I made this call..and Im sticking to it.

SPIN CLASS IS OVER

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom