Service Magic???

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I said I will try this for a few months.
Just wanted some feedback from others
that have signed up???

All The Best, Rob

A

anspach

service magic is a waste of time & money

don't do it - I did it for a few months - cost me more in wasted referral fees than what I got out of it - even on exact match which is supposed to only get people who exactly want your service - you get charge even if the client goes somewhere else - lots of cheap people just window shopping - glad I didn't pay the initial $99 fee to get started

G

They are very pushy. They bugged us all summer and we finally said we will try it. We did get the jobs when they didn't already schedule with someone before we talked to them.

The problem I had was that we called the customers immediately after receiving the call from Service Magic and many times the homeowner doesn't answer or already scheduled with someone else.

You pay $12.00 per call, whether they call you back or not. We dropped the program and now they keep bugging us to give it a try again. I would only do it if you paid for each job you get. I would be willing to pay $36.00 for each job because they say they call three companies.

When we would talk to the customers they would say Service Master called them at a time before we even received the call from Service Magic. I think they have a special deal with those large companies so they get the call first.

Don't do it!!!!!!!!

Dave

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i get avg 5 calls (leads)a week from them of which i score avg 3
there are weeks i don,t score and think about dropping them . i do find you have to make the call as soon as they contact you. when i get time wasters i bitch to sm and get the next lead free
biggest ticket i have made of them was $500 and am working on a $1800 dye repair bid in a retirement home right now. as of now im 50 - 50 on them......to keep or cut lose. this weekend i got 2 sofa n loveseat sets to clean from them

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
my experience: most (not all of course) are price shoppers, wanting a price over the phone and then they compare it to the other 3 fellas that call them. if you are a good salesman (i'm not), then you can do better, if your focus isn't low price. if your biz is all about low price, you could do well.

since we joined in June, we've had about 24 leads. at least 2 they deemed bogus and we were credited.

since i don't focus on the lowest price (or maybe the fact that i am not good at sales), out of 22 legit leads, i only closed and CC'ed for 1.

last year's leads cost $11 per. this year i think it jumped up to $13 per.

since June, with the $99 join-up fee, S.M. has cost me $345. i've made $787.42 from them.

bottom line: i think i got fortunate to have found 1 client who is not focused on price, but still i wouldn't recommend S.M. to anyone.

if you do join, your best bet is to work hard on your S.M. website and make it stand out (learn some basic HTML).

hope this helps. thanx --- Derek.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Thanks for the feedback guys, I know someone that uses it
not to far out of my service area and LOVES IT!!!
This is why I am trying it out, only time will tell if it will
work for me.

All The Best, Rob

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I am the guy Rob is talking about who loves it. I live in NYC and service magic gets me about 2 leads per day. I have gotten so many leads that I have turned it off for all of Feb. I book about 30% of all of the leads i get from them. The thing is when it comes down to it it is so much less expensive than print ads. With a print ad I pay $100 per week and I get one call a week on average. With service magic I am getting 14 leads per week so that would be $168 in leads. Now 30% of 14 is 4 jobs. Lets say each job is only $80 that would be $320. Now as you know most of your jobs will be more than $80. How can you go wrong? Get the leads and call back right away. THIS IS IN BOLD IF YOU ARE NOT A GOOD SALESMAN SERVICE MAGIC IS NOT FOR YOU!!! YOU MUST SELL YOURSELF OVER THE PHONE TO THE PEOPLE! I landed a $4500 floor buffing job from this service. I also do understand that I will get more leads sent my way because I live in NYC, but if you get good ratings service magic gives you priority. The better customer feedback you have the more times they recommend you. This in my opinion is a no brain er. You pay $99 for a year to sign up. If you never got a lead you lose $99 in a year. What about when you run a yellow pages ad or a newspaper ad and you get 1 call in one month. You just lost $400. Everyone who reads this go to www.servicemagic.com and sign up now.

Jose Smith

They consistently bother me. I was never really interested because, in my experience, when something is this good they are not bothering you so much. It is usually the other way around.

Although a colleague warned me against this for different reasons (bogus leads that still must be paid for, price shoppers, etc.), I thought I would give them a try for off site Oriental rug cleaning. They said this is a special category, and there would be no competition. They said, I could even choose which referrals I would pay for.

They gave me a trial offer where I could see all the leads I would get. In 10 days, I received 1 lead and it was for a nylon remnant. (NO THANKS).

But they persisted. They even had me fill out a request for service like I was a real rug owner needing cleaning. I filled out all the information saying I had a silk rug from Turkey that needed cleaning. I later received three calls from less than knowledgeable carpet cleaners. One offered me to do it that day in my driveway with 25% off.

Service Magic made a mistake by having me do this. Now I see what type of businesses I must compete with, CUT THROATS!

The sad part is that these poor companies will have to pay for my lead this month.

Jose Smith

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
GRRRRRRRRRRR

Jose Smith said:
They even had me fill out a request for service like I was a real rug owner needing cleaning. I filled out all the information saying I had a silk rug from Turkey that needed cleaning. I later received three calls from less than knowledgeable carpet cleaners. One offered me to do it that day in my driveway with 25% off.

Service Magic made a mistake by having me do this. Now I see what type of businesses I must compete with, CUT THROATS!

The sad part is that these poor companies will have to pay for my lead this month.

Jose Smith

but surely they informed those CC'ers that they shucked them...

VERY interesting Jose, thanx for the feedback!

no wonder i have had 1 known competitor turn out to be a bogus lead...thankfully he informed me and apologized.

thanx --- Derek.

J

John

I have used them for almost 2 years and am overall happy with the results. I think it depends on your market and it may be better in some areas than others.

Jose Smith

Yes John.

It depends greatly on your target market.

It works great for some. It just is NOT for me.

Jose Smith

JohnnyV

Are These the guys that call and ask if you Steam Clean and could you use another 10-12 more residential jobs per week? If you say you steam clean they want you to talk to their Supervisor?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom