Service Monster 6?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
So Joe lots of hype about the launch next week. 2 questions.

1. When will current users go live?
2. What time in the week will the conversion happen? Please make it happen over the weekend.

My team is pressing me to look at another option.

Things they are tired of.
1. The inability to track income by truck for the month the year.
2. The inability to track projects that do not have a monetary value in the schedule. Tasks are not sufficient.
3. The inability to set up a marketing flow for a customer emails, post cards. They want to set it and forget it on clients. Currently every action has to be touched.
4. The inability to work online with quick books PRO or enterprise as well as the POS system. My bookkeeper is pressing me hard. They are tired of having to worry about the physical security of a laptop.
5. The inability to look at Monday and know what is the dollar value booked for the week and month. We want it in the snapshot page.

As you know there is another option that is gaining market share. They had a demo scheduled this week. I made them cancel it. I would rather not go through a conversion.

We cant wait any longer. We need more power.

Thoughts from others on what they want to see and how long they will wait.

Can you record the launch and then place on web the day after your session?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Tom

I believe it's launching on 9/7.

It's my understanding that you can run both versions at the same time. They aren't just going to shut off the existing one as folks learn the new one. So there isn't a conversion where the current version is getting shut down and only the new version is available.

I understand how frustrating this must be for you and your team. It's been hard for us to wait too.

I would pose this question in the SMUG (service monster user group) Facebook page. Or give SM a call.

I'm sure @jkowalski could also weigh in here.

Mikey P

Administrator
I would pose this question in the SMUG (service monster user group) Facebook page. Or give SM a call.
I'm sure @jkowalski could also weigh in here.

I think I'll go on your Facebook page and recommend other cleaners...

giphy.gif

Tom has said over and over why he does not socialize with carpet cleaners on FB..

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I think I'll go on your Facebook page and recommend other cleaners...

View attachment 17709

Tom has said over and over why he does not socialize with carpet cleaners on FB..

My bad. I never caught that he didn't use FB. Maybe some of his staff use FB and could reach out there.

Just trying to point him in the right direction for a resource. It's a private page only for SM users. I realize that many SM users may not know it is available to them.

Not a competing Fourm. And I also said he could call SM.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Tom,

First let's answer your questions. The release is going to be a bit of a grey area. A moving Target. I don't want to do anything that would affect business continuity.

Secondly, understand that this is just another app on top of our platform. You will be able to run ServiceMonster five and six at the same time. That way you don't have to retrain your staff during business hours, struggling on a Monday how to schedule a job. The transition will be up to you. We are still working on training documentation. Though the app has come a long way and we are done with General functionality, my staff needs to be trained, and we need documentation.

I would love to include you in the beta. I would love to show you what we're about to unveil. I think it solves the majority of the friction points that people have had with ServiceMonster. If you're going to the experience then please let's arrange a time for you and I to get together. If not, then let's talk the week after next.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
The release is going to be a bit of a grey area. A moving Target.

So it's not going live om 9/7 now?

"A bit of a grey area"....what does that mean? Are week weeks out, months out. I had seen the launch date of 9/7 being promoted, so this is a bit of a surprise.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
I want to make sure people understand they can run both concurrently. I'm getting a lot of conversations like Tom, both freaking out that we're going to change things on them suddenly. And that they won't have time to learn and adjust. Also people frustrated with some of the friction points they would like to address. I get it.

Don't worry Meg, you'll be able to use it shortly after the experience, in your production environment. We're just running our automated test sequences and making sure all of the back-end processes are solid. And of course documentation.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I'm getting a lot of conversations like Tom, both freaking out that we're going to change things on them suddenly

What does that tell you then?

(not trying to be a PIA, but clearly some opportunity here to figure out why you have to keep having these conversations and do something so you don't)

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm in the process of learning this stuff, so don't twist anything around on me after I get the hang of it

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
My profile is open. I recorded a Live Video. You should be able to see it even if you are not following me.

http://buff.ly/2ckjn2o

Edit by FredC (in case people can't see fb post)

Last edited by a moderator:

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Now that I'm in the office...

Status as of SM6 related to your questions.

-You now can track more detail on job per employee. The job check-in check-out process is not at the tech level, not the job level, This make reporting on technician much easier. Which in turn makes route reporting easier. The dashboard system is off the hook and already has the sales and tech leader boards. Rout reports are in the pipline.

2. The inability to track projects that do not have a monetary value in the schedule. Tasks are not sufficient.
-In SM5 "Tasks" are an activity type. They get a big upgrade and note, tasks, and call can go on the schedule.

3. The inability to set up a marketing flow for a customer emails, post cards. They want to set it and forget it on clients. Currently every action has to be touched.
-Drip Campaigns. We killed this! Come see.

4. The inability to work online with quick books PRO or enterprise as well as the POS system. My bookkeeper is pressing me hard. They are tired of having to worry about the physical security of a laptop.
-We released the QuickBooks Online integration about 6 months ago. Is it missing something you were expecting? Not sure how the POS fits in. Lets talk about this one.

5. The inability to look at Monday and know what is the dollar value booked for the week and month. We want it in the snapshot page.
-Yep in the home dashboard. Although some tweaks are needed based on this. Genius. We also have added with a list of action items we call The Deck.

This is great feedback Tom! Thanks!

Reactions: Steve@Gm

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Now that I'm in the office...

Status as of SM6 related to your questions.

-You now can track more detail on job per employee. The job check-in check-out process is not at the tech level, not the job level, This make reporting on technician much easier. Which in turn makes route reporting easier. The dashboard system is off the hook and already has the sales and tech leader boards. Rout reports are in the pipline.

-In SM5 "Tasks" are an activity type. They get a big upgrade and note, tasks, and call can go on the schedule.

-Drip Campaigns. We killed this! Come see.

-We released the QuickBooks Online integration about 6 months ago. Is it missing something you were expecting? Not sure how the POS fits in. Lets talk about this one.

-Yep in the home dashboard. Although some tweaks are needed based on this. Genius. We also have added with a list of action items we call The Deck.

This is great feedback Tom! Thanks!
When will it go live for us?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I need to be able to print the route packet for the day on the mobile app instead of clicking every order individually and printing it from my phone! :biggrin:

I would like to be able to see a snapshot page w the amount of money booked for the following weeks. Good idea!

Still love SM though, pretty happy with the results we get on those reminder cards. Over 500% ROI

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I need to be able to print the route packet for the day on the mobile app instead of clicking every order individually and printing it from my phone! :biggrin:

I would like to be able to see a snapshot page w the amount of money booked for the following weeks. Good idea!

Still love SM though, pretty happy with the results we get on those reminder cards. Over 500% ROI
Yeah Will wouldn't it be nice to see the number on Monday of what is scheduled for the week and then on Friday check again and see how the week played out.

It would also be great if you could see the number expected for the month on the first of the month.

Right now you have to look at work orders but it includes all future work orders. So that number does not help.

Reactions: jkowalski

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom