Service Required Error on Drieaz Dehumidifiers

gutie050

Name
Eric
I have a drieaz 1200 that is saying service required and shutting off. Is there a common item that needs servicing on them? If not, any idea what it runs at most service centers to have them tuned up?

gutie050

Name
Eric
Ive seen ER9 before and corrected that with adjusting the hose it had a slight kink. I'm not sure that it gave a code this time I'll have to take a look at it. Im just about to purchase some of the Drieaz Coil cleaning product and then I'll probably attempt to take it apart and clean the pump and such. Anyone have a good walkthrough or tips for someone doing that for the first time?

Thanks

gutie050

Name
Eric
Ive had it running the last 2 days now trying to get it to spit out the error code and it hasnt yet.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
How old is unit?

Have you ever had it serviced?

Freon checked?

cleaning the coils?

Cleaning the condensate pump?

All these thing need to be checked and done and if not corrected it might be the control board just keep us updated if a code pops up.

gutie050

Name
Eric
I bought the unit used it reads around 1000 total hours. The condition of the plastic leads me to believe the control panel is accurate. It is in really good condition. I have the coil cleaner coming in the mail. Is there much to cleaning the condensate pump? When I take the front plastic off the unit is it fairly simple to figure out what to clean or are there any steps? How would you check the refrigerant?

Thanks

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
take it to you your a/c guy and have him check it. specs should be listed on unit on a sticker, if not look up the drieaz website and the specs should be listed there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom