Setting up my hose reel

danpauselius

OK, so the TM and the liner are in the new truck as well as the waste tank and fresh water tank. BUT I CAN"T FIND A GOOD SPOT FOR MY REELS! I don't want to run them out the back door but I can't mount them above the TM like I wanted to (not enough clearance).

I'll post some pics when I get a chance, maybe someone has a better idea.

John Watson

Dan, is your side door wide enough for the reel along side your TM?

A couple of weeks ago I raised mine and am I pleased.. It gives me more floor space. I am able to store my Installation and repair tool box, my seaming iron box and my Roberts Mini Stretcher under my reel so my cimex is able to be moved forward 34 inches. Doesn't sound like much but in reality it is.

Duane O has hung his reels upside down from the roof, Down under they build shelves and drawers under them. I really like what Duane has done with the standard reel and mounting brackets. Mine was not that way.

Good luck show some photo's. John

danpauselius

Got the reel all set up ... total custom fabrication unfortunately. I have it on a carpeted shelf that sits above my fresh water tank and spans the gap to the TM. I was worried about how well it would function but did a few jobs today with no problems.

I'll have to get some pics.

Matt King

Maybe I'm in the minority but I prefer to run my reels out the back. The only machine I ran my reel out the side was with my Rebel. It just seemed weird to me and the machine was hard to work on. I see lots of guy around town running their reels out the side though.. Post some pics when ya get a chance! :)

danpauselius

I understand why you would want to run them out the back but I have to cram 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound sack. Those reels would take up far too much space if I ran them out the back.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
danpauselius said:
I understand why you would want to run them out the back but I have to cram 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound sack. Those reels would take up far too much space if I ran them out the back.
So why use reels at all then?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom