Several week old slow water leak - dry out procedure

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have a friend who is a renter in a house. He had a toilet leak into a bedroom a couple of months ago. He called me we dried it all up in 2 days, he was very happy but the owner didn't like my whopping $550 bill.

So, a couple of weeks ago they find a "wet spot" in a bedroom backed up to the garage stored a/c unit. Drain was clogged, kill switch did not work. It was leaking from the back of the unit into the adjoining wall. The drywall box that the unit sits on is affected as well. I haven't seen any of this, but repeating what they told me. So, who knows exactly but maybe was leaking for a week or two because they didn't go in that room for at least a week prior to finding.

The owner/property manager calls "their guy". He does a little suck, puts one fan in the corner for ONE WEEK. After which the concrete is still wet. I think he pulled the baseboard. After a week decides to cut affected pad and carpet to replace.

The mom has been having trouble breathing, scratchy throat, watery eyes, etc. Putting the fan in obviously was a mistake based on the time table of the leak. The removal should have been done to start with. NOTHING was done to dry the affected wall. I don't have a infrared to view the wall.

How should I tell the renter, my friend, to handle this? I don't have a current S500, but is there something in there for this scenerio that I can send him for reference.

Thanks for the guidance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom