SFS "Actual Cost"

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Okay, how much does it really cost?

I am not looking for estimates in lost work, I just mean, flat out cost. How much for the class? (I think it's $695 right?)

How much for lodging?
Can you bring a tent and camp? (I am not joking, that's how I afford most my trips, sleeping in my car or elsewhere.)

How much for food?

What sort of supplies should I pack to make this journey?

The reason why, is I am trying to come up with a total dollar figure so I can save towards that goal. I talked with the boss man, and he said he would pay my wages for the five days.

I asked him if he would pay my wages while I attended SFS, if I paid for the course and my way down there. I told him it was a week long, and he said no. I told him it would most likely cost me more than a thousand dollars, and then he said yes.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
ODIN said:
- the 695 if your a really really good shill

T

Have you ever heard me NOT kissing steve's butt? You don't think it's because I actually like the guy do you? :shock:

I figure if I say enough nice things he will just fly me out one year and let me be his mascot. After all, he's done nothing but give me free stuff since I joined this board. :wink:

Seriously though, I'm just joking, I love Steve.

P.S. Steve: You need to buy me a first class ticket, I don't fit in coach that well.

G

Only you can answer how you'll spend on that trip.

I stayed in Atlanta for like $60 a night at a Residence Inn. Rental car was under $100 for the whole week.

Food and drink was probably $50 per day (that may be high). AS for supplies you don't need much except your brain.

1tigers

Get your boss buy supplies from jon-don and i think they give credit toward classes at jon-don

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Just depends on where your boss wants to the the company.
This is one of the best investments the someone could make
in the future of their business.

All The Best, Rob

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
You should have this one "made in the shade", Gary. Lets look for example at our next SFS in Chicago January 21-25.

Car rental: Don't bother. Taxi over to the hotel. Cost around 30 bucks. On the way back to the airport Friday night Angela arranges ride sharing. In fact, if we book our flights leaving at about the same time you can ride for free with me.

Lodging: We have a group rate at a nice Quality Inn for 70 bucks that includes free cocktail hour and a great free breakfast each morning. It is right in the middle of a mall and lots of inexpensive restaurants and within walking distance of a grocery store or the hotel will shuttle you around free. Plus there is a frig and a microwave in each room. And we shuttle you to class free each morning. Plus you can usually find a roomie to split the room cost here on the boards or Jon-Don will help you. (And no, you can't share my room because Sioux usually comes to the January class.)

Meals: Nick will feed you like a king. (Chuck, Bill and I always get our feeling hurt a bit since all anyone ever talks about on SFS is how great the food is. I mean what are the instructors? Chopped liver? There I go again talking about the food!) Seriously, breaks and lunch are all hearty gourmet quality and heck, we usually have leftovers and you are welcome to take some back to the room for supper. (Plus on Wednesday night Nick takes us all out for a great dinner and drinks- all on Jon-Don's tab.)

Air: Don't know but Chicago is cheaper to fly to than just about anywhere if you book wisely.

Seminar fee: SFS for everything (no weird high-pressure tactics once you are trapped in the seminar and I can't imagine anywhere I would rather less put my hand than in Terry's pocket!) is 695.00. This IS a huge bargain. But as has been mentioned you can easily attend SFS for FREE! All you have to do is buy 5,000.00 of ANYTHING from Jon-Don. Look at it this way, Gary. You have to buy your "juice" from somewhere, right? (Believe me, Jon-Don will sell as inexpensively as anyone.) The advantage with Jon-Don is you get the bonus of attending SFS free. Or if you buy just 3,000.00 over the course of the previous 12 months you get the class for half price.

So let's sum it up. Lodging Sunday night through Thursday night (don't make your reservation to fly out before 7 PM on Friday as we cover a huge amount of stuff on the last day) around 200 bucks with a roommate. Food maybe 100.00 or less if you are frugal and use one of Nick's doggie bags. Flight maybe 300.00? And seminar fee FREE! the information- PRICELESS! That's what they tell me anyway!

So potentially you are talking maybe as low as 600 bucks for a life changing experience. Certainly less than a grand. Sounds like a bargain to me, Gary.

As we have discussed, Gary, I would have given my eye teeth for an employee like you when I was in business. Your boss SHOULD cheerfully and happily comp your entire ride. But if not, trust me on this one, YOU will get huge amount of life-transforming information from the program. I'll see you there- January 21-25 but be sure to come in on Sunday the 20th.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training and Social Activities
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS One important thing, Gary. Our January seminar always sells out early and we always have a waiting list. Why? Well, January is when lots of guys are slow plus it is Jon-don headquarters which is always neat plus Nick is in his favorite haunts that he has frequented for 70 years searching out the very BEST food so need I say more? So reserve your seat early. 800-400-9473 and ask for Tina or Parthavi.

The Preacher

Steve, I think MArdy likes guys to stick their hands in his pocket? i hear its a game they play down at Cooters Pond!!!

Driguy

Ugh, i can't afford to attend this thing

but how can i afford NOT too!!!.

waiting for the DVD to arrive and check this out. I may sign up for the one in the spring

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Gary,
re; "Okay, how much does it really cost? "

For you blokes over there ?? Not much.

Try travelling from Cairns, Australia, to Chicago & back.

Throw in the exchange dollar rate.

Then it can be expensive.

Deduct what you come away with.

It's cheap.

Also, don't forget to tell your boss it's a tax deduction :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom