Shark Tank Question

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
"What is your customer acquisition costs?" -- How do I figure out this number?

Does the cost of reminders cards go into the equation or is that part of customer retention cost?
how do you figure customer retention cost?

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
John - I love this new thing called google :biggrin:
To compute the cost to acquire a customer, CAC, you would take your entire cost of sales and marketing over a given period, including salaries and other headcount related expenses, and divide it by the number of customers that you acquired in that period.

I think that acquired is the key word. I may be wrong ( I have been wrong 3 times before) :errf:. You might consider doing two studies. One for the new and one for the existing and just use expenses appropriately.

OH Geez, it just dawned on me - are you out of the country!!!!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
John - I love this new thing called google :biggrin:
To compute the cost to acquire a customer, CAC, you would take your entire cost of sales and marketing over a given period, including salaries and other headcount related expenses, and divide it by the number of customers that you acquired in that period.

I think that acquired is the key word. I may be wrong ( I have been wrong 3 times before) :errf:. You might consider doing two studies. One for the new and one for the existing and just use expenses appropriately.

OH Geez, it just dawned on me - are you out of the country!!!!

So do I add the cost of Fittlebug and Service Monster to my sales/advertising costs?
I would think Reminder card expense and discounts cost wouldn't be in customer Acquisition costs- but customer retention costs.

SO take All advertising expense: yelp, Angie's list, print and web publications and divide that by New customers?

Yes, I'm in Thailand Now;
But Google, And my understanding of the English language still works here-- even If my Brain doesn't work sometimes :very_drunk:
thanks for your help.

Reactions: smastio

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
So do I add the cost of Fittlebug and Service Monster to my sales/advertising costs?
I would think Reminder card expense and discounts cost wouldn't be in customer Acquisition costs- but customer retention costs.

SO take All advertising expense: yelp, Angie's list, print and web publications and divide that by New customers?

Yes, I'm in Thailand Now;
But Google, And my understanding of the English language still works here-- even If my Brain doesn't work sometimes :very_drunk:
thanks for your help.
I am not sure but my guess is that Servicemonster and FittleBug might be considered an operational expense. IDK, have another beer, flip a coin and implement :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom