Shipping Wands

jeg1983

I sold a butler wand on e-bay. I was wondering what is average shipping should be for this. Its a 3 jet older wand. they are trying to charge me over $60 to ship this and less then 3 weeks ago I shipped a Rotovac for $30 is there a reson it cost more for a lighter item of the same size? It just did not make sense to me.

thanks,
Jamie

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
greenie could help more with this..

but my bet has to do with package size not so much weight on things like that...

if its a little to long or what not they charge out the wazooo

G

Think it has to do with package size. When I've sold stuff I just take it to UPS store and let them pack it and ship it. The last wand I sold shipped from AZ to Tennesee. Cost was like $79 which included packing.

jeg1983

Good lord I had no idea. I only charged 30 for shipping and handling on it cause almost every other person selling a wand on eBay had about that for shipping anywhere in the US.

Thanks for the input guys!
Jamie

Greenie

Jamie, As long as you are not paying a premium at a retail store like "the UPS store" which is nothing more than a Mailboxes etc... you will pay between $20-$40 on a wand.

You don't need a fancy wand box/lamp box, just pad the ends/head well with some old towels and duct tape etc... Sometimes seeing what it is, the guys at United Package Smashers or FrankenEx actually use some caution and don't throw it off the truck.

Try and use a a shipping facility hub direct if you have one not a middleman, we've also used DHL for odd shaped stuff so don't rule them out, ALL ground shipments keep that M-F schedule, nothing moves on the weekend, so keep that in mind for ground shipping.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
But to add to what Greenie said, if you can get your hands on a wand or lamp box it is much easier. As I do most of the actual shipping...costs usually run 30-45 for Ground Service, depending on how far it's going. They also add a charge if it's going to a residential address instead of a business.

Take care,
Lisa

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
go to the uhaul store, buy to of the longest boxes they have and make one. Your container will be triangle in shape and you will cut out pieces for the ends.

I made my box, sealed one end, put peanuts in the bottom, wrapped wand in bubble wrap, with towels on head and trigger assembly.

Put in box, and then stuff with newspaper. I sent one to Montana via ups, costs about $28 from Missouri.

Rex Tyus

DHL services Marianna twice a week whether we need it or not. :evil:

I know every area is different. Around here they suck.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you can make a box like Vincent said......let me know the weight and the zip codes from point A and point B We can run it threw our DHL account and see what it would be.........most likely as like everything else we do it will be cheaper and if you are happy with the price we can fax you the label.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom