Shoe covers can be a huge liability you may not want

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
thus far the shoe covers I’ve used in past and present are largely slippery walking from wet carpet on hard surface floors such as tile and some wood flooring.
I generally give shoe covers to my clients after cleaning their carpets and sacking their wallets. I explain floors can be slippery especially walking from carpet to all hard surface floors bla blah blah.
Today I tried a new shoe cover someone gave to me to sample. Man I slip and slide on the tile floor like a piece of ice cube sliding across tile. Got me into thinking....hmmm what if a client experienced the same thing old or young and slipped and lost their balance and hit the floor and injured themselves after giving them a pair of shoe covers and even though explained that floors are slippery blah blah blah and had them sign off. This could be a potential lawsuit.
So as much as I like giving out shoe covers after a job completed, I am seriously considering ending this incentive unless I can find a reasonably price non slip shoe cover.

steve_64

I have very few customers ask. When they ask if they can walk on it I say it's your carpet do what you want. Then I explain resoiling and how wet carpet is like a wet towel compared to a dry one.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Used to give them out years ago. But when a lady kind of slipped wearing them I stopped giving them out. Kids would use them to slide all over too. Now I explain the slip hazard after I'm done and make sure the edges of the carpet are as dry as I can get it. Imagine going down stairs with them on....................NO

Name
Steve Lawrence
We offer both traffic paper and booties. No issues yet. Knock on wood.

I do understand the concern, though.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I have very few customers ask. When they ask if they can walk on it I say it's your carpet do what you want. Then I explain resoiling and how wet carpet is like a wet towel compared to a dry one.
That is funny . I say the same thing. But always ad at your own risk. Because the stuff I use to clean with is highly caustic and if you are barfoot could cause serious harm, or if wearing footwear it will eat through the soles. !!! They always giggle!!!

Reactions: steve_64

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Heres a thought. Tell them to wear socks if they are walking on the carpet while it it is still damp. No cost, No liability, No soiling. Fooking brilliant. You're welcome.

Reactions: Mikey P

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
It is their carpet. I just explain what happens let them decide. 'Walking from the carpet to any hard surface will be slippery. If you wear your shoes on the wet carpet it will clean the bottoms off really well and the carpet will mat quicker if you walk on it when it is wet.'

steve_64

Heres a thought. Tell them to wear socks if they are walking on the carpet while it it is still damp. No cost, No liability, No soiling. Fooking brilliant. You're welcome.
Socks are the worse.
They pick up the oils in the kitchen and bathroom easier and transfer to the wet carpet.

Clean shoes or slippers.

steve_64

If you say so.:icon_rolleyes: How long you been cleaning carpet Steve?
Socks will transfer soil easier than shoes and barefeet. Just think about it and you should be able to figure it out.

Socks are pourus and have more surface area thus they will pick more up allowing for more to transfer.

Cleaned my first carpet at 16 I'm 54. Had lots of other jobs too.

How long have you been cleaning carpet?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Socks will transfer soil easier than shoes and barefeet. Just think about it and you should be able to figure it out.

Socks are pourus and have more surface area thus they will pick more up allowing for more to transfer.

I've been cleaning just as long as you but have had no other jobs in between. If you actually believe what you said, you're retarded. I bet not one person would agree with you.

F

FB7777

I tell people socks or bare feet

In both cases, people are much more aware they are walking on a damp surface than with a "clean" pair of shoes

we also provide traffic paper at walk off areas and we will provide booties if requested

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That is funny . I say the same thing. But always ad at your own risk. Because the stuff I use to clean with is highly caustic and if you are barfoot could cause serious harm, or if wearing footwear it will eat through the soles. !!! They always giggle!!!

I wouldn’t use the term highly caustic!

Non toxic and bio degradable yes!

But your joking!

Hahahaha

I do say hard surfaces are slippery “NO ICE SKATING!”

Unless you have your skates on

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

In both cases, people are much more aware they are walking on a damp surface than with a "clean" pair of shoes

we also provide traffic paper at walk off areas and we will provide booties if requested

Fred i figured you for a bootie boy....
But walk paper jus blows my mind....
Do you use the green 18" poly coated masking paper?

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller

I got you beat! I was 13!

steve_64

I've been cleaning just as long as you but have had no other jobs in between. If you actually believe what you said, you're retarded. I bet not one person would agree with you.
So are you saying I'm an idiot?

Lol but wet socks on carpet is kinda gross to me. Think of them walking in their disgusting bathroom floor with wet socks then back onto the carpet. Or the greasy kitchen floor.
A hard sole will get less transfer. Do you clean those floors with price of plastic or a rag that is similar to a sock?

I know it's a common misconseption but imo it's shoes or slippers.

Think of how nasty the inside of some people's shoes are too. You want that stink back on the carpet after it's cleaned.

Or a wet sock back into that shoe and back on the carpet. Think of that stinky locker room smell.

I don't mind being different I see things the way I do for a reason.

steve_64

I figured watching me clean the carpet was enough warning the carpet is damp.

Reactions: Nomad74

steve_64

Seems like you wouldn't tell them anything except "be careful"

"They told my dear departed martha to wear socks and she slipped and died$"
I don't say anything unless I'm asked. And I do warn that it may be slippery when going to the other surfaces regardless of what they do whether they ask or not.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't say anything unless I'm asked.

Man, I learned that the hard way, especially with tenants and people who are not paying for the service. They throw you under the bus faster than Larry Cobb will sell you a wand while your stuck in a hotel elevator with him.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
6CB5861B-6AFF-43FB-B980-A375D1E209B6.jpeg

It never fails the stuff you don’t think about!

Sure enough I’m protecting my shoes with plastic shoe covers and I fall on some outside cement steps

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It never fails the stuff you don’t think about!

Sure enough I’m protecting my shoes

C53826A6-2F3E-412A-8FA7-16E6481683DE.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom