Shore Best 2790

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
pH is not a linear increase but a logrithamic increase in strength. A pH of 14 is 100 times stronger than a pH of 12. As a chemist, we have strong safety warnings for products at a pH of 12. I would have flaming safety warnings about a product with a pH of 14 (something we would never sell by the way.) Use carefully with proper safety equipment. Make sure that you have no holes in your shoes. In talking with one of our Australian distributors, he reported that alot of mates use sodium hydroxide at a 45% strength to clean hard surfaces. Yikes!! I know of someone who got this in his shoe and had to get a skin graft to replace the loss of skin. Be careful out there!!
Great point. When I first used this product I would spray it down, scrub and then rinse going backwards like cleaning carpet. After a few jobs I noticed my rubber pressure hoses thinning. I now spray/scrub moving backwards and rinse pushing forward and always keep a towel down to wipe my shoes because it will wear away rubber. I've never had issues walking back on carpet, but I'm always wiping my shoes if I walk in the solution.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator
Great point. When I first used this product I would spray it down, scrub and then rinse going backwards like cleaning carpet. After a few jobs I noticed my rubber pressure hoses thinning. I now spray/scrub moving backwards and rinse pushing forward and always keep a towel down to wipe my shoes because it will wear away rubber. I've never had issues walking back on carpet, but I'm always wiping my shoes if I walk in the solution.

Good lord..

Why take the risk

How much time is it really saving you?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Good lord..

Why take the risk

How much time is it really saving you?
I just cleaned 700 sq ft of T/G, edging around 3 toilets by hand and wiped everything down with beach towels, set up the van in 2 hours all by myself on Wednesday, that's pretty good time I think.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
1/4 of a gallon of 2790 in 2 gallon sprayer (assuming 2 gal of water - or 1.75 plus .25 product) will be like 16 oz per gallon which is stronger than what I use .. I use 10 oz per gal and Im so amazed !!

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Are you meaning a quart (32 oz) mixed with 2 gallons of hot water or mixed with 1 gallon. Either way that is REALLY strong!
Yes. this mix has worked good for me, for really bad ones I'll let it sit and then mist with the turbo or a Hyrdo with straight water I've had discussions about this with Ken Horton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom