should air be pulling in around the spring

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
100_2268.jpg

When I was working on the reels I noticed the elbow was no seated right on the blower..........( Could not see or notice it with the angle and everything in the way before)...........So I figure that I have my water in the hose problem fixed.............. Today I noticed that the water had been alot less but still had some ...... I had to get into the back of the truck and heard for the first time air pulling in around the spring...is this normal?? Did not here it untill I reset the elbow

G

I never checked mine but I think it should be going out. I may be wrong.

Dave

Mikey P

Administrator
Hell yes air should be coming through there Jim!!!

When it's under load it better be....

Haven't you unscrewed that thing and cleaned and greased it yet?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
..............is there anything specific that I use to lube/grease the spring with ??

Mikey P

Administrator
Spray the whole deal down with WD40, let it sit for a few, wipe it off and apply some of your blower grease around the plunger and it's seat.

Bruce Parsons

That's okay Dave,

I put a Bayco valve on backwards and almost turned my waste tank into a crushed beer can. It's amazing how easy it is to do.
I now have a different one on the right way.

Mike's right they let air in not out.

Bruce Parsons

We have the 18 inch. As far as cycling goes, it is very clean, it cuts in at about 17 to 171/2 and maintains between 15 and 17 1/2. The biggest difference wev'e noticed so far is the " constant" suction instead of the up and down of other valves.

My son took some videos of the vac. gauge with the truck cleaning with two to the door , dual wanding, and single wanding. If he ever brings the chip down from his house I will download it to my computer and I'll be able to send them out.

I know Jeff wants to see them. The 18 is working much better then the 15.

Mikey P

Administrator
What RPMs are you setting the machine at?

Did you go straight to the valve with a 3" to 2" reducer or did you leave the T on and go from there?

In my testing I was going straight to 19 and it was staying open most of the time.

It may have been the T messing it up and or I may need to create a small leak some where.

I'll be giving it another go when GG comes up next weekend..

Bruce Parsons

we set the rpm's at around 17 to 17.5 I've filed the governor down inside the control panel and could go to 18, 19, or 20 rpm's if I wanted, but 17 is almost always where we run the unit.

Jeff got us a 3 to 2 reducer and all we did was take the AT valve off and put the Bayco on using the existing thread . It was quite simple to do, the only problem we had was we had to take the lid off the tank in order to spin the valve around to tighten it. If you'd like I could email you a picture.

I don't know why yours was opening at 19, that's set to high. Ours almost always opens at around 17.5.

I just got back from a job and to answer your question earlier about what the vac gauge does at 100ft is this: At 100 feet of 2 inch hose the vac. gauge will hover around 17 and will drop to 16 with the wand off the rug. That is exactly what we want, no drag on the blower and constant suction all the time, no let down.

I have a feeling there's something wrong with your vac gauge, I know I replaced a few before we got it right.

Feel free to call us if you have any questions, were supposed to help each other right?

By the way our 2 1/2 hose will be coming in next wk. That ought to be fun. We are more interested in getting as much suction as we can because we dual wand alot, I will spend whatever it takes to get it right.

If your not dual wanding with these trucks then you've spent a lot of money for nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom