Simple carpet job, OK

steamron

Name
Ron
I got a call about cleaning 3 rooms and stairs, they were moving out and head to California.
Cleaned it Saturday, they were leaving Monday morning.

Customer was there 3 years, Empty 3 bedrooms, only real spots I saw were in one bedrooms, makeup stains, treated with Avenge and they were gone after extraction.

All done and I always ask them to check out the work, They loved it, said it looked absolutely great.

Realtor goes in and inspects and calls me to say job was bad.
There is a seem coming apart, The black light shows cat urine and there are no wand marks in the master bedroom.
The seem was done by the movers from what I found out,
Never really knew a cat was there, until I saw it, fans were on and windows opened so no stains or smell was present.
They had to finish cleaning the bathrooms and pack up cloths in the closet, so no wand marks.

I had to stand there a listen to this landlord, when she was not my paying customer.

What would you do?

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
I got a call about cleaning 3 rooms and stairs, they were moving out and head to California.
Cleaned it Saturday, they were leaving Monday morning.

Customer was there 3 years, Empty 3 bedrooms, only real spots I saw were in one bedrooms, makeup stains, treated with Avenge and they were gone after extraction.

All done and I always ask them to check out the work, They loved it, said it looked absolutely great.

Realtor goes in and inspects and calls me to say job was bad.
There is a seem coming apart, The black light shows cat urine and there are no wand marks in the master bedroom.
The seem was done by the movers from what I found out,
Never really knew a cat was there, until I saw it, fans were on and windows opened so no stains or smell was present.
They had to finish cleaning the bathrooms and pack up cloths in the closet, so no wand marks.

I had to stand there a listen to this landlord, when she was not my paying customer.

What would you do?[/QUOTe

Nothing. Your client was happy and you got paid. Walk away.

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Nothing. Your client was happy and you got paid. Walk away. Amazes me how people who have not hired you could stand there and criticise something you ve done or who dont know the circumstances reguarding the job.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Push back at the landlord. Does she not know that cat urine permanently marks carpet with a UV-florescent stain, even when it has been washed? Would she care to pay for your return visit in regard to the closets, since your actual customer did not request that you clean them?
Does she consider it ethical to disparage an established, reputable business when she lacks even basic knowledge of the processes used?

I had one woman who was a real know-it-all and well used to pushing her husband around. She accused me of not cleaning the interior of some particle board cabinets "because I can see the yellow nicotine stains from the tenant all over the interior."

I told her that what she saw was not smoker's stain, but bleed through from the particle board. In fact, I had cleaned the living snot out of it.

"Aha, but I used Kilz!" She countered triumphantly.

"Water based, or shellac based?" I asked calmly. I'm pretty laid back, but it was admittedly very satisfying to watch her face fall. She'd used water based, which does NOT block resin or urea glue bleed.

Sometimes, you just stick up for yourself if you want to be respected (if not liked). Always, when your good name is being challenged.

Last edited:

steve_64

If I had time I would do a walk thru with realtor and educate her. Could get a return on your time later.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I see it differently. The landlord could be a customer in the near future. Plus, if there's cat urine still there, it needs to be fixed. As for the seems, it's not your problem and I'd tell the landlord that.

Landlords or Realtors know a lot of people, and negative gossip is always heard by more people than positive gossip. Especially if you're in a small town like mine

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Nate W.
If I had a dollar for every time a realtor said they'd refer more work after asking for a discount I'd be a pretty comfortable..

Was it the landlord or realtor? Either way I'd explain the situation and go back to "fix" the problem.. If you cleaned it already, you just need to leave wand marks again and everyone's happy...

How'd your waste tank come out by the way?!?

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
I see it differently. The landlord could be a customer in the near future. Plus, if there's cat urine still there, it needs to be fixed. As for the seems, it's not your problem and I'd tell the landlord that.

Landlords or Realtors know a lot of people, and negative gossip is always heard by more people than positive gossip. Especially if you're in a small town like mine
The landlord and the realtor are ALREADY telling him that the jobs not done well without knowing what was up. I hear what ur saying and get it but these ones id let go and just walk away.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
First time posting

Actually had this same issue last month. Customer was happy new homeowner wasn't.

Got a call from the realtor I said sure let me talk to the new homeowner.. Guy was a jerk started cussing me, I said Sir if you'd like our help you better change the way yer talking to me.. Well he didn't and I hung up..

Realtor threatened I'd never get work in town again blah blah blah, I did tell her I didn't know her and my customers were happy and signed my check not her. I verified with my customers that they were indeed satisfied, she was wanting me to giver her cash as a refund. Didn't happen don't like Some realtors

Name
Jeff T
Ok, I had to go clean up dog shyte today from the new tenants dog.... they claim the pile of shyte was there when they were moving their stuff in..... yeah, I normally leave a pile for the new tenant...... that's ok, yesterday, I did 3 jobs for the property management company, and the bill for the 3 places was 1700....... and they have asked me to take care of 2 more while I did the pro bono job....... ya got to give a little to get ALOT......

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Ok, I had to go clean up dog shyte today from the new tenants dog.... they claim the pile of shyte was there when they were moving their stuff in..... yeah, I normally leave a pile for the new tenant...... that's ok, yesterday, I did 3 jobs for the property management company, and the bill for the 3 places was 1700....... and they have asked me to take care of 2 more while I did the pro bono job....... ya got to give a little to get ALOT......

Some customers we will do that for, I tried in my case until some guy that doesn't even know me cussed me out.. we've learned to sell by serving but some people need fired and their numbers blocked lol

Name
Jeff T
Some customers we will do that for, I tried in my case until some guy that doesn't even know me cussed me out.. we've learned to sell by serving but some people need fired and their numbers blocked lol
Mike, I did it not for the ignorant biatch moving in, but for the PM company that sends me between 3-4000 dollars worth of work a month...... besides, the GM of the PM company is hot, and she has a British accent....... can't get enough of talking to her......

Reactions: Old Coastie

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Mike, I did it not for the ignorant biatch moving in, but for the PM company that sends me between 3-4000 dollars worth of work a month...... besides, the GM of the PM company is hot, and she has a British accent....... can't get enough of talking to her......

Understandable but I didn't know this particular customer/realtor and wish not to deal with such people... Lots of fish in the sea and I promise she didn't have a cool accent lol

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I think in the Ks/ Mo area it is illegal for the realtor to use the black light from what I've been told. I will ask a few more realtors about this.

Back
Top Bottom