Simple Website Tips that work

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Brian. I was thinking about just duplicating my existing site, but changing the city names.

The 3 areas I hit now have less than 10 miles between them. They all sort of border each other and I come up on the first page in those areas. The new areas are not far from me, but I want to look local. Some people consider 25 miles not local.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Williams said:
Brian. I was thinking about just duplicating my existing site, but changing the city names.

The 3 areas I hit now have less than 10 miles between them. They all sort of border each other and I come up on the first page in those areas. The new areas are not far from me, but I want to look local. Some people consider 25 miles not local.

I've done two major cities Sacramento and Dallas with two similar website (below) with no problem as of yet.
But you will have to make the call.
I would do the page thing because the building of two websites is a pain in the ass.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just remember, you reall need to have a link back and forth to the main home page somewhere.

Google does not like "Rogue" web pages.

Even if you put a small link at the bottom of the page linking back to the home page.

If Google finds "errors" like that...they get all hurt about it. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
1 Hour Top Ranking for Bing.com
(I just got this list this morning from Site Pro)

"Here's my magic formula for a one hour top ranking:

A.) Get the .com version of a three to four word keyword as the domain name (dashes are fine.)

B.) Use the domain name as the page heading in a bolded font, slightly larger than the paragraph text.

C.) Write 400 words of natural sounding text using the keyword up to five times.

D.) Mention the keyword once in the first sentence and once in the final sentence of the page - then up to three times scattered throughout the remainder.

E.) Bold one instance of the keyword. Italicize one instance of the keyword. Use one instance of the keyword as a link back to the same page.

F.) Always fill in your Title, Description and Keywords META tags. That's it."

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've covered just about everything I can think of.

Anyone else have any helpful hints or tips to optimizing your websites?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I use firefox as well...I'm sure there are a few of his customers that us IE. I would bet most of them.
It's the little things that bug me. My wife says the same thing. budumpbump.
:lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
I use firefox as well...I'm sure there are a few of his customers that us IE. I would bet most of them.
It's the little things that bug me. My wife says the same thing. budumpbump.
:lol:

Good Morning sUnShinE... :!:

Haven't see you in a while.."I am sure you are Sooooo busy.." :roll:

Is there any "bruising"....From the "ElEcTrO-ShOcK-TheRapY"... :?: :mrgreen:

n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCUmINGae44n]

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun
Looking good, Brian ... more concise and less info-overload! :D

(thought I'd disappeared, huh? !gotcha!)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Val6968 said:
Looking good, Brian ... more concise and less info-overload! :D

(thought I'd disappeared, huh? !gotcha!)

Thanks Val...I've haven't been here much lately either.

Now I just need to switch my Dallas Website over.
You really got me thinking again.
Much appreciated.

What do you think about this one?

www.NetworkingCleaner.com/Cleaners

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
As my first order of duty as the Grand Master of the Marketing room (new name coming soon)

I would officially like to bump this thread to help out anyone interested in improving your website and online presence.

Yer welcome.
8) shiteatinggrin 8)

Check out my secret service protection emoticons....I am very special you know.

PS. Second order of duty will be getting this thread moved to the marketing room. 8) :mrgreen: 8)

R

Rob Anspach

...all great tips.

But the whole purpose of a website is to capture your clients information plain and simple.
This way if they never come back to your site again, you have their email address and hopefully other pertinent info to stay in contant with them.

Sign up for our e-news and receive $25 off your next service, or receive 5 "must-have" consumer cleaning reports, a free room of carpet cleaning or whatever you want to use as a way to get people to give you their email addresses.

Also, putting links/buttons back to your social media, blog & video sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Wordpress and YouTube help build credibilty and interaction.

Rob Anspach
www.robanspach.com

P.S. To get my free report "Easy to Use Social Media Marketing Secrets Finally Exposed" plus a bunch of other cool stuff, go to my site and sign up for my e-news.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You mean out of the 3 pages I didn't mention to put an email form on the front page above the fold to capture email addresses? :shock:

The offer is a good idea...I like that.

Thanks for the input.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gotta watch Fred, (psst he is ex-CIA ya know) nothing gets past him.

Don't feel bad Brian, it's not as if the so called Guru's come up with anything on their own. They make tweek it to fit their style but there are really not that many original ideas out there.

Just ask Fred......he can find out the good on all of us if he wants to. :shock:

:mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know...Fred still scares me.

Just kidding Fred I swear. Don't hurt me...I fear you...I'm not afraid of you...ok, yes..a little....Don't hurt me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
In your meta tags description area (behind the scenes) you should list your phone number fairly close to the beginning of the content because Google will usually display a snippet of that on your listing.

Customers can call you right from the listing without clicking to your website. This works really well if your listing doesn't show in the locals.

craigholland

Hi Brian and others.

our website is ranked very highly in google the problem we have with it is we only book about 30% of the inquiry's that we recieve from it. This is compared to a 65% for our overall business.

Do you have any suggestions for increasing this.

Our website is http://www.diamondcarpetcleaning.com.au

Craig Holland

woshichun

I was going to post what colors mean but I thought that would be over doing it...I konw I know... :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
craigholland said:
Hi Brian and others.

our website is ranked very highly in google the problem we have with it is we only book about 30% of the inquiry's that we recieve from it. This is compared to a 65% for our overall business.

Do you have any suggestions for increasing this.

Our website is http://www.diamondcarpetcleaning.com.au

Craig Holland

First of all, your front page is super cluttered.

Your "Call Now" doesn't stand out at all...but it IS in the right spot

You logo is Waaaaaay too big and it should really be on the left upper corner....remember to make it clickable back to the home page (do this on every page)

Your navigation bar takes up too much space

Your colors are pretty good....but they run together too much. I'm thinking it does this because its too cluttered.

I would put your "Call Now" in red so it stands out.

People are hitting your site and jumping right off because there is too much chaos on the page.

Remember that a good amount of your hits will be from online advertisers and maybe even you competition checking you out etc.

Hope this helps.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I might add. Too wordy- Insert pics through out to break up the text. The testimonials should be top of fold and the main thing is that the whole spiel seems very Barton and Bailey (JP) which can scare off prospects. Be more human (Less carnival barker), cut down on the hype and have a sincere desire to improve the lives of your clients.

craigholland

Thanks for the quick replies. i'll pass those on to my wife who creates the site.

Let me try to explain my challenge again.

Our website is ranked highly and we get calls and emails inquirering about our services from it.

But the leads that come from it convert to jobs at a significantly lower rate than any other advertising that we do. Do you know anything we can do about that?

your other suggestions may help with this but they are more aimed at getting more leads from the site. Ideas on preselling them better so that we don't waste so much time with them?

Does this make sense?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes it does.....I do believe all that I said in my post will help with that.

Some other things you can do to help get "better" customers is list on the front page "quality" somehow. Don't focus on price, focus on value.

Super healthy and important, green, child safe and pet safe products.

Mention "home owners" on the front page

Talk about how you only use the best cleaning products that leave the carpet clean longer.

No Sticky Residue

There is a ton of stuff......and you DON'T want to use all of them because it get's back to being cluttered.

The site layout just doesn't look "pro"....and that will give the subconscious mind reason to believe that the company is NOT pro......and therefore will attract cheaper paying customers.

If you can't get the Pro look to your site......find a pro who can.

Check out some other big time sites and mimic them a bit.

Not just carpet cleaning sites....but sites that cater to the higher end female home owner.

You get the idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom