SM Mobile 3...what's the hold up?

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Yes. They have been around since the beginning. I was just pointing out that, unlike many new "app" companies, our desktop application is the central hub and completely supports old school paper work flows.

We are, have, and will continue to make the desktop the flagship of what we do.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Pushed another Beta a few days ago. I think, we are about 10 days out from final release!

Just used it today quite a bit and it worked great. Are service items not yet supported, or am I missing them?

Reactions: jkowalski

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
We have a list of backlog items that will be working on. Once the release is out we plan on shipping updates bi weekly. Service items is a popular on deck feature. Also we have removed some highway hypnosis. I felt the app was a little confusing because the screens were all so similar. I have addressed that. In the next build. We also will be adding a quick add feature to make booking very very easy.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
What's all that mean in English?

More delays?

Shipping updates bi- weekly?

Thanks for updating us on the progress....

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
No. Not dely. We post new versions of ServiceMonster about once a month. The mobile update schedule will be a little quicker, that's all.

QA is reviewing the final release for the official 3.0 now and we are planning on releasing it at the end of the week.

From there we will be making update every 2 weeks... forever.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
We will be working on an iPad version as soon as we feel we have a good chunk of our target functionally completed. We have coded name it closer. I've was hoping for Sept. But I doubt that now. The team spent WAY more time on securitys role then we estimated. Way to far behind for my liking. But like Blizzard, it's ready when it's ready. Unlike EA, who will sacrifice quality for a timine.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
That is disappointing to hear.

I will have have to find other uses for the iPad minis I bought last December for this mobile app.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
They should be able to download the app it just won't look as good as it will when we reformat for that screen size

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Hey Joe, maybe there is something you can "check off" on your end to make it a universal app?

As of now, it is not available for selection on iPad marketplace

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I always give you shit Joe but I downloaded the new mobile app tonight. It is alot better than the old, working version.

I'm still a desktop user (and always will be) and urge you to make it better and better.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
We just pushed another mobile build. This one fixes a handful of bugs and introduces new features, and gives access to tecs, supertecs, managers, and admins.

It's available for download on Android now but iPhone has to wait for their hold up process.

Enjoy!

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Hey Joe, I am having issues on the app in the order screen section, when you scroll down to view the work order it freezes.

I have tried it on iPhone, iPads and same result.

Is this a glitch your still working out?

BTW I did download the newest update.

Also to get the app on e iPad, I use iPhone to save a link, then opened it in iPad. Worked.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
I'll make sure this is tracked. We have a the new release coming out this week. They also just added service items. QA is testing the release candidate now.

Reactions: D Luke

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Thanks for reply. I have playing with it since you released it. On different devices since then, all Apple, it freezes when scroll down the wo.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I actually experienced the same freezing on the order screen today for the first time.

Samsung Note 5 w/ latest version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom