SM or HCP? If you are OO which is best and why?

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Bob Pruitt, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    What’s the cost?
  2. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    Mikey P and Bob Pruitt like this.
  3. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    I forget. I think it's $40. and .65 per card..... or something like that. I forget. For what it does it is cheap. It seems like every time I go into a home I see my reminder cards.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Matt Wood and Bob Pruitt like this.
  4. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay

I bet it will out perform your clunker Royal...
  5. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    Clunkety clunk clunk
  6. Swani
    Swani

Name:
    Nick
    Both companies will do a live demo with you. I would gather a list of pros and cons from everyone and then do the live demo and hopefully that will answer some your questions.
  7. Justin Stockwell
    Justin Stockwell

Hcp has the best mobile app.
    SM is getting better in that regard z
    The Customer Factor has a straightforward app that allows quick scheduling and adding a customer. It also allows employees to clock in and out. The desktop version allows a ton more options like reports, etc.
    I use TCF. I’ve used SM in the past and I paid for House call for a few months but just to play around. I never uploaded any info. All three have excellent customer service.
    Every one of them will feel awkward at first. I used Cha-Ching for almost 10 years. So it was a bit of a shock. But whichever you choose...don’t switch for at least a year. If you don’t buy in and commit to the data entry style that each company uses , you won’t get the benefits. Whichever system you use the adjustment time will be crucial. TCF makes it pretty simple to keep your paper invoices with preexisting invoice numbers. You simply change the autogenerated invoice or estimate number to the number on your paper invoices. But I’m am barely writing invoices out anymore. All my commercial accounts simply sign the screen on the app and then I email it. Even most residential customers prefer an emailed invoice.
    If you have any questions call Damon.
  8. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    Howard Partridge uses a system called soft serve. I would compare it to SM but on steroids. It’s about $3k setup fee and some sort of high monthly fee. I almost subscribed when I was on the Howard inner circle wagon. I’m glad I didn’t, but I’m sure I would have made good use of it. Anyone here use Soft Serve?
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  9. Acp
    Acp

Name:
    Bjorn Marshall
    I dont believe HCP uses any of your data, I can tell you that ive been using it for over 2 years and have my parents, friends, and tons of family friends all plugged into the database and they havent sent them anything or tried to market anything to any of them. I also have myself in there.

There were a lot of guys worried about this, but they were all kinda speculating that the info is sold or used etc.

Im just curious where the info above came from that says they are for sure using it to connect with consumers, was that from a website or magazine article?
  10. Jim Martin
    Jim Martin

Supportive Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    we use Service Monster...I really like that I can put it on any tablet and/or phone and be able to pull up all info regarding cleanings...driving directions...anything I want or need to know from any of my clients is at my fingertips anywhere I am...

Wife does all the scheduling and can take care of anything she needs anywhere she is...
    Bruce Humphrey likes this.
  11. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    @nomad how does Send Jim receive the cusotmers information to do monthly reminder cards? Do you have to manually send each customer to them or are they linked to TCF?
  12. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    There is an add-on in google chrome. I just click on the sendJim icon it populates the info and then I select the sequence of cards I want sent. So If i select my "extended sequence" that customer is instantly set to get a thank you card, two days later they will get a referral request card, then at six months they get a reminder card, and every other month they will get a referral request card and reminder card. They will get cards from me every month for a year of referral requests and reminders. This is set up with just three clicks. When they reschedule, it reset them in the sequence. If I don't hear from them after a year, they get a phone call and then get put in a sequence called the "Catch-up" sequence where they are bombarded with reminder cards every other month. This has really worked well for me because people can't remember A Plus Carpt Cleaning. They think I'm a steak sauce and try and call A-1.

TCF has also integrated SendJim into their platform so you no longer need the add-on in Google chrome. But I haven't figured it out yet. What I'm doing works so why bother. The are a million other features I have no clue how they work. Something called the big proposal for large job bids. I need to take some time and learn all the new stuff.

Matt, if you are currently on SM, just stick with it. There is so much to learn with all these systems. If TCF wasn't around I would surely be using SM. But at this point, there is no way i'm going to jump into a different CRM system after I have learned so much about TCF and how to use it effectively. I'm sure it's the same for SM. The chief complaint I hear about SM is that it's very complicated and the app is not user friendly in the field. But like anything else, i'm sure once you learn it, it becomes easier.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  13. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    I have to agree with using the sm app on my phone. Thank goodness I still carry a handwritten calendar on the truck with me, and when I get home, I enter everything on my desktop PC. I'll take your advice and just stick with sm. It was a pain to learn all the stuff on the software. I'd hate to start all over with something else
    Nomad74 likes this.
  14. jmo
    jmo

Supportive Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    Did you build those cards on send Jim or did someone else design them and you just upload?
  15. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    My assistant designed them then uploaded them to SendJim. She is very talented in that aspect. But SendJim does have some generic cards you can use and I think they will also design them for you.
  16. Bob Pruitt
    Bob Pruitt

Name:
    Robert Pruitt
    Lots of useful information here from everyone. More confused than ever but plenty to consider.
    Also thank you to @PrimaDonna for the conversation on the phone. She gave me the pluses and minuses of every program. She still likes SM but... I'm not so sure.
    I know I'm more seasoned/older than most on this board but I can still see the obvious, the cell phone is really what its all about now and will be even more important in the future IMO.
    I have noticed I am emailing and messaging a large percentage of my Customers. On line job booking and payments. That trend is only going to continue and grow. HCP is leading there.
    For simple and less money TCF is a solid choice.
    Matt Wood and PrimaDonna like this.
  17. smastio
    smastio

Name:
    Steve Mastio
    Not the conversation I had with the HCP Management. Forms (which is what they offer) present challenges, as was written about in CleanFax Mag by Jeff Cross Executive Editor... http://www.cleanfax-digital.com/#&pageSet=3 .
    Leading the way, I don't think so. I would rethink that.
    The issue is you can't get 6 hours of work done in a 2 hour window. Things must be real-time based on actual reality to benefit both ends of the value chain. The consumer and provider.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  18. Bob Pruitt
    Bob Pruitt

Name:
    Robert Pruitt
    If you think SM is leading the way into the future with mobile, SMS and online ordering...which I believe is what you do for SM for a small fee, then I would love to have that information to consider. I am not committed to anything. I am more confused now than when I asked the question but, bottom line in 2018 I will be committed to one of these programs.
  19. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    So what is the current status with SM Mobile?

Can I completely fill out and close an invoice on a 5" screen in under 3 minutes?
    Russ T. and Pioneer Floorcare like this.
  20. Bob Pruitt
    Bob Pruitt

Name:
    Robert Pruitt
    Joe said Mobil Technician is out on Android and waiting for approval from Apple...likely another week. Information from today's The Service Monster Show.

Yes.
    or we could just wait for Joe.
    Mikey P likes this.