Smart Strand, I think

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
IMG_0060.JPG

Many of you have discussed the stuff. I cleaned a house yesterday that was so felted down and unfluffable ( word tm pending) that it was a frustration. Look at the three zones; under the bed, beside the bed and the adjacent trample area.

Is this Smartstrand?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2424.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG

This is smart strand. Customer paid a fortune for it it a little over 2 years and that how the seams looked the day it was installed.

The first two time she said clean it with water only, it's got a 25 year warranty. Don't use any chemicals.

I still used Procyon plus.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I ran my CRB over it dry, to try lifting the nap. Presprayed generously with DS2, then scrubbed that in as well. Let it dwell while I extracted the previous room (which by nowhad time to dwell) and sort of leapfrogged through from room to room. But this stuff looked like squashed felt. The yarns were totally undone in the worst traffic zones. It cleaned up pretty well but took some doing and though it appeared clean, was a mess physically and looked like crap.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I ran my CRB over it dry, to try lifting the nap. Presprayed generously with DS2, then scrubbed that in as well. Let it dwell while I extracted the previous room (which by nowhad time to dwell) and sort of leapfrogged through from room to room. But this stuff looked like squashed felt. The yarns were totally undone in the worst traffic zones. It cleaned up pretty well but took some doing and though it appeared clean, was a mess physically and looked like crap.
How old is it? Maybe send those pics to the dealer who sold it to them?

Reactions: Old Coastie

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
View attachment 70848
Many of you have discussed the stuff. I cleaned a house yesterday that was so felted down and unfluffable ( word tm pending) that it was a frustration. Look at the three zones; under the bed, beside the bed and the adjacent trample area.

Is this Smartstrand?

That's the worst... I will say that the hard brush on the 10" crb will do more to pull up/open up that crushed area but it will possibly also pull more fiber out. (I started doing it even with the fiber loss...you're not creating damage at this point- you're improving visuals)

I keep fighting this crap and explain over and over that it is what it is..worn pos. I also made a point last week to a customer that (their salesman that told them it will clean with water only) there is no way on earth to put the individual pile twists back into that carpet. And no matter who, with what kind of equipment- it will never look the same as what it is where it isn't crushed. Couple year old carpets looking like that and of course customers looking for us to "clean it back to normal".

Impossible.

Carpet salesman should be required to be in our field for a year to experience how these carpets perform. They'll never sell another ounce of these.... After seeing them in real life and not just a swatch.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Just wondering, does Mohawk recommend cleaning with just water or it is that something the salesmen are saying?

Sales people will say anything... so if it means to make a sale, then "this carpet will never need cleaning and it won't even get dirty because of the new nanotechnology PET Flux inverted powertwist piles that are made out of corn and other naturally occurring substances such as fossil oils and Peter Pan's reproductive fairy excrement mixed with ground up whale foreskin that prevents anything that may or may not happen when your 5 year old drops a bucket full of backyard dirt that he carried inside and thought was a good idea to replant the neighbor's orange trees inside your livingroom for future breakfast orange juice."

Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
Jeff T
Sales people will say anything... so if it means to make a sale, then "this carpet will never need cleaning and it won't even get dirty because of the new nanotechnology PET Flux inverted powertwist piles that are made out of corn and other naturally occurring substances such as fossil oils and Peter Pan's reproductive fairy excrement mixed with ground up whale foreskin that prevents anything that may or may not happen when your 5 year old drops a bucket full of backyard dirt that he carried inside and thought was a good idea to replant the neighbor's orange trees inside your livingroom for future breakfast orange juice."
Sounds like a carpet infomercial.....

Name
Jeff T
...but wait there is more!!!... *snorts a line coke*
I do work for a few flooring stores.... From low end, to high end..... Last Xmas, I got invited to a party..... Let's just say, it wasn't arm and hammer they were handing out..... Luckily, my daughters Christmas play was the same day, I bowed out gracefully......

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I do work for a few flooring stores.... From low end, to high end..... Last Xmas, I got invited to a party..... Let's just say, it wasn't arm and hammer they were handing out..... Luckily, my daughters Christmas play was the same day, I bowed out gracefully......

Maybe it was oxyclean packets.... I don't know....ol' Billy Mays probably mixed them up too. *drops dead, high on oxyclean..but clean as hell inside his nose*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom